We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Sulphur Springs or Glenwood Springs

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Hot Sulphur Springs or Glenwood Springs

What do you recommend? We'll leave Denver on Sunday morning and return on Monday night.

Woodland Park...
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot Sulphur Springs or Glenwood Springs

Glenwood Springs is a nicer town overall. The hot springs pools there are a little more developed than the ones in Hot Sulpher. That could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your preferences!

Mentioned in this post
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,968 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot Sulphur Springs or Glenwood Springs

We just went to Hot Sulphur Springs a couple of weeks ago. It was my first time there. There are lots of pools but they are small, more like little hot tubs (but without the jets) and no views to speak of. Lots of couples in some of the pools so I didn't get into all of them. Glenwood Springs has a huge pool that has a great view of the surrounding mountains and a smaller hotter pool. It also has a wonderful town setting with great restaurants (Hot Sulphur Springs is a very tiny town). I would vote for Glenwood.

Mentioned in this post
Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot Sulphur Springs or Glenwood Springs

Of course my vote goes to Glenwood! Not only do you have the great, well maintained pool that offers one end of the pool with what I refer to as bath water temps and room to swim, you also have to half that is much warmer and great for soaking the muscles. As others have said, we also offer some nice views. Since it sounds like you will have a little extra time while here we also offer a few more activities than you might find in Hot Sulpher Springs area. You could walk or bike the trail that goes thru Glenwood Canyon, stroll around town, hike or just relax. There are several Spa facilities in the area if you would like a little pampering.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,854 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hot Sulphur Springs or Glenwood Springs

Another Glenwood vote! There are some nice places to stay and dine in Glenwood Springs. You could even take the train there if you want.

Mentioned in this post
5. Re: Hot Sulphur Springs or Glenwood Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 17:16