We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near the Fillmore Auditorium

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
914 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near the Fillmore Auditorium

My 20 year old son and 3 friends will be in Denver for 4 nights attending a concert at the Fillmore - Dec 28, 2007 - Jan 1, 2008. They need a hotel that will be close to the Fillmore that is reasonably priced - under $150/night or less. They want to leave their car at the hotel/motel, so they need to be within walking distance of the Fillmore.

I would like for him to be in a safe area, too. I am not familiar with Denver and the two hotels that the Fillmore mentions on their website are way too expensive.

I know the last night they are there is New Year's Eve, so I am hoping that doesn't pose a huge problem.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near the Fillmore Auditorium

The Fillmore is a great venue in a marginal neighborhood. If it were my family members, I would have them stay at Hampton Inn Suites Denver Downtown on Sherman or The Curtis. They are an easy/inexpensive taxi ride from Fillmore and near the 16th street Mall where there is free shuttle buses and lots to do and eat!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near the Fillmore Auditorium

One more thought, you might have them try bidding "name your own price" for the downtown Denver Area-if they bid $109 or so on a 4star room, they are likely to win and the 4 stars are all near the 16th St Mall or in Cherry Creek-both areas are an easy taxi ride.

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
914 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near the Fillmore Auditorium

Thanks, hoodoos. That sounds good. I will check out the Hampton Inn that you mentioned.

Will it be hard to get a cab from the Fillmore after the concert lets out?

Just to make them happy, can you give me the names of any hotels within walking distance of the Fillmore?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near the Fillmore Auditorium

the only one that I know of is Ramada Inn Downtown Denver. There may be Bed and Breakfasts close by, I don't know which ones.

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
914 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near the Fillmore Auditorium

I checked out the Hampton. It looks really good - only $107/night. I mapquested it and it said that is only 3/4 mile from the Fillmore. Does that sound right? That is not a bad walk at all.

I could find no room available at the Curtis Hotel online. Odd - no dates in the future were available at all????

I will check out the Ramada Inn now.

I really appreciate your help.

Denver. CO
Level Contributor
154 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near the Fillmore Auditorium

The Ramada Inn on Colfax is the only decent hotel on Colfax. They've spruced it up a bit compared to some of the other riff-raff motels on the street. Colfax is certainly a marginal street, but gentrifying in places, so it's better now than it used to be by a long shot.

I'd personally veer towards The Hampton Inn. It's a bit longer of a walk, but it's on that same side of Colfax as the Fillmore, just a bit longer of a walk away through the Uptown neighborhood. It has the benefit also of being closer to the 16th Street Mall, which gives them easy access to everything downtown that weekend (since they may want to watch the fireworks on the mall for New Year's Eve).

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near the Fillmore Auditorium

You can book the Curtis on kayak.com as of now. either it or Hampton are a good choice.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel near the Fillmore Auditorium

Agree with above on the Curtis or the Hampton- The Curtis is right downtown and they will be walking distance to the Denver Pavillions( where you will find a movie theater, Virgin Records, restaurants, a Bowling place etc. ) and also walking distance to ESPN zone , The Capitol, The Denver Art Museum, and The Mint . From either The Curtis or The Hampton Inn they can take a cab to The Fillmore and back. It is a walkable distance but I would probably take a cab at night after the concert.

Another hotel downtown that might have good rates is The Magnolia.

Good luck !

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
914 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel near the Fillmore Auditorium

Thanks to you all. This is exactly the type of information that my son and his friends were looking for.

Looks like it will be the Curtis or the Hampton Inn for them. We checked into the Magnolia, as it was referenced on the Fillmore website. Very reasonable until New Year's Eve - almost $400 for the night!!!

Thanks to all of you who replied. Your help is so valuable.

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel near the Fillmore Auditorium

I also wanted to let you know, mom to mom, that Denver is overall a very safe city compared to other big cities I'm also glad your son is staying at the Curtis or Hampton. Even though the Ramada on Colfax might be better than it used to be, that's not the best neighborhood, especially at night.