We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dia transportation

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boston
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
dia transportation

i'm arriving in denver for the 1st time, i do not drive .....the hotel i'm staying , is residence inn city centre.........please tell me what a cab ride costs, and if there are means of public transportation...........thank you scot from boston

Colorado Western...
Destination Expert
for Ouray, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Montrose
Level Contributor
640 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dia transportation

Your hotel's website states that a taxi ride costs about $55 one way.

marriott.com/hotels/…

I think you would need to take the "AF" bus to go downtown from DIA. It looks like it would get you within about 3 blocks of your hotel. Perhaps someone more familiar with RTD (the bus system) in Denver can verify that.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dia transportation

Just to elaborate on WingLady's info:

The local transit company, RTD, has a very comfortable bus line which goes to the heart of downtown, much cheaper than a cab.

Go to www.rtd-denver.com and click skyRide on the left. First click on route AF, then click W-Bound on the top right to see the schedule from the airport to Market Street Station. It's $8 one-way or $14 roundtrip, exact change required, payable to the bus driver. When you arrive at the Market St. Station, go upstairs and you'll be on the 16th Street Mall. You can take the 16th St. Mall Shuttle, a free ride that stops at every corner, to California St. and walk two blocks to the left to reach the hotel, or you could take a very short cab ride from Market St. if you've got a lot of luggage.

If you need more info, let us know.

Denver. CO
Level Contributor
154 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dia transportation

Just remember if you take the bus downtown and need a taxi, keep your cell phone handy and dial all 7s or 3s... Unlike other big cities you won't have much luck hailing cabs on the street in Denver. You have to call for them.

Denver
Level Contributor
728 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: dia transportation

It would be useful to point out that the area code for the cab companies is 303.

5. Re: dia transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 10:23