We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denver for two days

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
51 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Denver for two days

I am planning on bringing my son to see the Nuggets play on Tuesday April 1st - he is 13. We will fly in by the afternoon, see the game that evening and then have Wednesday in Denver before flying home Thursday. Any suggestions on:

1. Where to stay (I am not renting a car so will need to know how to get from the airport to downtown for the game and then to the hotel which I would prefer be in an area with restaurants, shopping, things to do etc.)

2. Anything worth seeing for a teenager?

Any suggestions will be appreciated - again, I am just flying in from Florida to take him to the game, adding the next day in Denver is to make it a more owrthwhile journey!

Thanks!

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Denver for two days

Staying anywhere downtown will work well if you're not renting a car. The main area of downtown, the 16th Street Mall, is a pedestrian mall with shopping and restaurants, as well as a free shuttle bus system that stops at every corner - very easy to get around that way. Some popular hotels are The Curtis (very funky decor!), The Oxford and the usual chains like Hyatt, Hilton and Marriott.

You can easily get the SkyRide bus from the airport to downtown (Market St. Station, from where you can get the shuttle). Go to www.rtd-denver.com, click on SkyRide on the left, and look for Route AF. Click WBound on the top right to get the schedule from DIA to Market Street. It's $9.00 one-way, $16.00 roundtrip, exact change only cash, payable to the driver. Clean, comfortable, speedy transportation.

The Pepsi Center will be about a 15-minute walk from the lower part of downtown, like from Wazee St., at the end of the 16th St. Mall Shuttle. A taxi wouldn't cost that much from downtown if you don't care to walk.

16th Street will probably provide a lot of entertainment for your son if the Art Museum or the State Capitol doesn't cut it. There's a Lucky Strikes bowling alley and movie theater in the Pavilions, Hard Rock Cafe, ESPN Zone entertainment center, for instance. If you're up for a 20-minute walk, you could go down 15th St to Platte River St. to the REI Headquarters building where they have a huge rock climbing wall, or go to nearby Confluence Park to watch the kayakers and where they have a huge skateboarding area.

Sounds like a brief, but fun trip! Nuggets games are fun, it's a nice venue.

Westminster...
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Denver for two days

I agree with everything Shaken Bake said.

3. Re: Denver for two days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 15:20