We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only a couple of free hours in CO...what should I do?

Massachusetts
2 posts
Save Topic
Only a couple of free hours in CO...what should I do?

I'm going to be in the westminster area the last weekend in March to see the area for a possible relocation. My husband has booked us with so many real estate appointments that I only have saturday afternoon to plan something recreational. So i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a most see before we leave that we could some how fit in in one afternoon?

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only a couple of free hours in CO...what should I do?

Zip up to Estes Park for the afternoon, only about an hour from Westminster. It's at the base of Long's Peak, a 14,000+ mountain, really beautiful. Estes is a cute, kinda touristy town, elk everywhere, a fun way to get a taste of the mountains when you only have an afternoon.

Westminster...
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Only a couple of free hours in CO...what should I do?

You could swing by Boulder on your way back for dinner. There are many restaurants along Pearl St. Parking is free in the parking garages on the weekends. You could then stroll up and down the outdoor mall and do some shopping. The University will just be getting back from Spring Break, so it should be slightly less populated than usual.

Massachusetts
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Only a couple of free hours in CO...what should I do?

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I'll definitley try Estes Park and Boulder.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,854 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Only a couple of free hours in CO...what should I do?

Those are great ideas, but for me if was looking to move to Denver I might want a feel for the town and what is a bit closer. You might try hiking at …jefferson.co.us/openspace/openspace_T56_R16… The trail to the summer white house is beautiful and fairly flat. The view are great, the City to one side Pikes Peak on the other. It is not far from Denver. Then I'd head downtown to get a feel for LoDo. If the weather is nice, it may well be in late March try for an outdoor table at Rioja or Rock Bottom. You will want a reservation for Rioja http://www.riojadenver.com

Great people watching from both. I do not care for Rock Bottom unless you can sit outside though.

Colorado
Level Contributor
321 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Only a couple of free hours in CO...what should I do?

I think I second the notion of checking out Denver. Downtown is great and hopefully the weather will be lovely for your visit.

My favorite place to hit downtown is Larimer Street (I find 16th Street Mall to be a bit overrated). However, two great restaurant are Apaloosa and Dixons, neither are on Larimer Street, but they are downtown. The Tattered Cover is a wonderful bookstore downtown. There's also a great area just west of downtown by the huge REI building. Stop by My Brother's Bar for an unforgettable hamburger.

If you do go to Boulder (a fine choice too) my favorite restaurants are The Med and Sherpa's.

Have fun and welcome to our beautiful state!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,104 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Only a couple of free hours in CO...what should I do?

I think that after spending days looking at houses and driving around, a trip to Rocky Mtn National Park and enjoying the mountains would be wonderful. Of course it depends on what the weather is doing, can get heavy, wet snow storms in the spring!

7. Re: Only a couple of free hours in CO...what should I do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 19:18