We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Bonita

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Farmington, Missouri
Level Contributor
179 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Bonita

I have heard that the food is so-so and the entertainment is great. I have 2 children (ages 9 & 10) and we will be in Denver in July. Is the entertainment the same no matter what day and what time of day? I would appreciate any opinions on Casa Bonita.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,704 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Bonita

The food is basically Mexican tv dinners. However it is great for young kids. Most kids like that kind of food anyway. There are also tons of games and photo opps. The diving shows are regular (like every half hour or so) and now that it is summer time a lot of their high school actors/divers are there full time. I recommend it, at least once. You will get a kick out of it too!

http://www.casabonitadenver.com/

Genesee, CO
Level Contributor
642 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Bonita

The food is horrible, no matter what time of day :) But the sopapillas are good :) Margaritas ok. And there is always beer!

I think they have more entertainment at night, although last time I was there in the afternoon on a weekend, it was fairly uncrowded. Cliff divers did perform every hour or so (that was like four years ago, so not sure if that is still happening), and of course at any time of there are still the caves, arcade etc.

Here are some views of the Casa Bonita. I myself loved it as a child.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33388-i253-k67252…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33388-i253-k46687…

Cascade, Iowa
Level Contributor
425 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Bonita

We were just there on Thursday 6/5/08. The food was horrible and the atmosphere not much better. I was one of a group of about 70 highschool band members and parents so we were a large group, but we had reservations, etc well ahead of time. The wait staff had know idea how to handle us and had us seated all over the place. The meal that was part of our package was $12.99 for chicken, cheese or beef. It was impossible to tell the difference between the chicken and the cheese and only slightly less difficult to pick out the beef one. We all (including the kids) felt like cattle being herded through the place. No one bothered to explain the whole 'raising of the flag' think to us and we were quickly forgotten...would never recommend it to anyone. It was like a mexican chuckie cheese only worse!

Woodland Park...
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Bonita

For kids your age it really is a blast. I grew up in the Denver area and I have many fond memories from our trips to Casa Bonita (which have also inspired a few adult "trip down memory lane" visits). As said above, don't go there hungry because the food is mediocre, but the atmosphere really is fun for kids - cliff divers, Black Bart's cave, magicians, puppet shows, cowboy shootouts, and video games. I would suggest a mid-week trip to avoid any crowds that weekend evenings may bring.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,848 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Bonita

The food is not so-so... it is horrible! Even as a kid 40+ years ago I hated the food, but we loved the atmosphere.

Your kids would probably like an arcade type place like Dave and Buster's or ESPN Zone.

Have fun!

Colorado
Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Bonita

I agree, the food is horrible. But the nachos and taco salad are kind of tolerable, so I'd order that. The sopapillas are very good (and they are all you can eat). My kids are 11 & 12 and still love going there even though they have been many, many times throughout their lives. It's a very "intersting" place. Dave & Buster's, and ESPN Zone are chains and can be found in other large cities. Casa Bonita is unique. I think it would be memorable for your kids. (The food is so bad that it's "memorable" too!).

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Bonita

O.K., anyone who has ever been to Casa Bonita and wants a good laugh, check out the South Park Casa Bonita episode:

www.southparkstudios.com/guide/index.php…

then click Casa Bonita, of course

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Bonita

First click season 7, then casa bonita

Genesee, CO
Level Contributor
642 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa Bonita

I love that episode! hahaha

Also the tooth fairy one where they go to Cherry creek!

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa Bonita

OMG, the tooth fairy episode, hysterical!! but mommmmm!!!