We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denver or Boulder - Which place for a 2 day stay?

Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Denver or Boulder - Which place for a 2 day stay?

Hi,

My husband and are flying into Denver next month for a roadtrip out to Las Vegas. We are wanting to spend a few days in Denver or Boulder before we start the drive. We've never been to Colorado so we aren't sure what each place is like, we originally were just going to stay in Denver but then we heard Boulder was more of a tourist spot? (not sure if this is correct?)

We would like to go to Grizzly Rose in Denver at some point and I've noticed some good reviews on Banjo Billy's Bus Tours?

Any recommendations? Is a day in each a good idea? Or are we best to spend the two days in one place?

Thanks in advance.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,435 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Denver or Boulder - Which place for a 2 day stay?

Either would be great. I would not try to do both. Denver definitely has more activity as it's bigger.

If you stay in Boulder, spend your evenings on the 16th Street Mall. In Denver, spend it in LoDo, the downtown warehouse district.

You can't go wrong in either place, but I think you'll find a lot more to do in Denver. The Grizzly Rose is great. Can't help you on the Banjo Billly's Tours.

Arvada, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Boulder
Level Contributor
935 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Denver or Boulder - Which place for a 2 day stay?

I'm going to agree that you not do both and either would be great. Really depends on what you want to spend your time doing. Each has a very different feel.

In Boulder you could do a little hiking - since Boulder is tucked up against the foothills there there are a lot of great trails right in town.

Denver is further away from the mountains which means you'll have a better view of them.

I can't comment either on the Banjo Billy's Tour. If you are really into that sort of thing then you would probably enjoy it. I've seen the bus around town. I'm the type that would rather explore things on my own.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,103 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Denver or Boulder - Which place for a 2 day stay?

Agree too, stay in Denver the Lodo area. Look at http://www.denver.org/ they have some specials on Hotels.

I like Courtyard by Marriott Denver and The Curtis both have specials listed on the web site.

You can easily drive to Boulder for a day. We too like to hike near Boulder then lunch on the Pearl St. Mall. Back to Denver for a drink on a roof top bar, shower/rest then dinner on the town. Tons of great places to choose from all within walking distance from the hotels.

Another one that has never heard of Billy's...

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,103 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Denver or Boulder - Which place for a 2 day stay?

Oh..16th Street Mall is in Denver not Boulder. Pearl Street is in Boulder, both are pedestrian streets that make for great people watching!

5. Re: Denver or Boulder - Which place for a 2 day stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2010, 06:18