We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pub Crawl...

Colorado
Level Contributor
366 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Pub Crawl...

Hi,

I am from Colorado and some girlfriends and I are trying to plan a pub crawl in the next weekend or so and wondering if anyone has any good ideas? We would ideally like to light rail to our first destination if possible, and cab home. But we can cab both ways if necessary. We have talked about downtown somewhere or possibly a crawl along South Broadway, but have also considered places like downtown Littleton that has an assortment of funky bars within walking distance of each other. We are looking for at least 3 or 4 (more if possible) fun bars within walking distance of each other, no cover charges, not more than one of the bars can be too loud for us to have a conversation (ie: not really looking for any "clubs"), drink specials would be great, dive bars and non-chains are preferred. We want to have FUN!! Any great ideas? Thanks,

Susan

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,264 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pub Crawl...

Okay, definitely not dive bars, but when I go out with my girlfriends, we usually do a pub crawl around Larimer Square. Typically we would do something like mojitos at Samba Room, sangria at Tamayo, wine at Cru or Bistro Vendome (or both!), champagne at Corridor 44, martinis at Tag, etc....

All fun places, all within a very short walk of each other, none too loud for conversation, all non-chains (except for Cru, I suppose). We've always had a great time and have done that area many times.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,195 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pub Crawl...

How about a Colfax Pub Crawl?

Goosetown Tavern, 3242 E. Colfax Ave.

Cheeky Monk, 534 East Colfax

Streets of London Pub, 1501 E. Colfax Ave.

Irish Snug, 1201 E. Colfax Ave.

P S Lounge 3416 E Colfax Ave

Sancho's Broken Arrow, 741 E Colfax Ave

With many other dive bars/taverns along the way.

Edited: 17 March 2010, 14:35
Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,197 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pub Crawl...

My Brother's Bar (West side of the River)

Interesting "dive" El Chapultapec too..............38th I believe. Not far from the previous Elitch Gardens location.

tptr

lakewood, colorado
Level Contributor
506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pub Crawl...

Try SoBo (South Broadway), many dives and not dives:

The 404 Club (404 Broadway)

Sketch Wine Bar, (101 Broadway)

Sketch is a good place to start, and you may spot a Denver mover and shaker!

The Hornet Restaurant and Bar (76 Broadway)

Dougherty's (on Elsworth, just east of Broadway)

Hi-Dive (7 S. Broadway)

Three Kings Tavern (60 S. Broadway)

Sobo 151 (151 S Broadway)

By then you should be hungry, so stumble on down (if you can, or else grab a cab) to the Blue Bonnet Mexican Restaurant at 457 s Broadway to finish the night and get some food to combat the alcohol, LOL!!!!

P.s. You may want to avoid the Boyz Club (gay bar) or not!

Colorado
Level Contributor
366 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pub Crawl...

Awesome ideas, everyone!! I'm going to save all of them, because, well its spring and we may need to have some ideas on hand for the upcoming beautiful weather. Whatever we choose I will report back with specifics...

Anyone else?

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,195 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pub Crawl...

Thanks for popping back in! Have fun and let us know how it went. Be safe!

7. Re: Pub Crawl...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2010, 06:17