We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location Help

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
202 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Location Help

Will be coming out to the Denver for a week in August. We are planning on staying in downtown Denver for the first few days as we will be going to a Rockies game and are interested in some other attractions in Denver. After this, we are planning on relocating and getting renting a car to do some day trips. Need to know where would be a good location/town/hotel to stay outside of the City where there would be free parking for our rental car. Would like to stay within an hour of the Denver Airport as we will be returning the car and flying out of there when our stay is over.

Thanks for any help.

Golden, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location Help

For staying out of Denver but not too far from DIA, I would recommend either Boulder, Golden, or Estes Park

in Boulder, I like the Hotel Boulderado, although there are other nice hotels also. boulderado.rtrk.com/…

In Golden I like either the Table Mountain Inn http://tablemountaininn-px.rtrk.com/ or the Golden Hotel ascendcollection.com/… in downtown Golden.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location Help

You do not specify your intentions when you want to get out of town by an hour. ie what sort of activities do you desire? Sightseeing the mountains? Shopping?

Boulder is a good choice for shopping.

You might want to head for Ned........There's a Best Western. Good bars, great scenery, and you are on the Peak to Peak. Gambling 20 minutes to the south. Estes and Rocky Mtn Park an hour north.

From Arvada the drive is 30-40 minutes depending on how crazy you are.

Idaho Springs is also another mountain town within an hour reach.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,352 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location Help

All are great ideas, I am a big fan of Boulder! If you want to get more into the mountains Summit County is only 1.5 hours away. The only time is is longer would be on a Sunday afternoon or if there is an accident.

You have Breckenridge, Frisco, Keystone, Copper all have tons of things going on in summer. 1FourFun put together this great list

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i21445-Summit_C…

New Jersey
Level Contributor
202 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Location Help

Thanks for the suggestions. We are not into shopping in the least.

Also, you say "head for Ned". What is "Ned"? Sorry if this is an ignorant question.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Location Help

That's okay, calico, I'd never heard the term head for Ned either. I'm assuming it means Nederland. http://www.nederlandchamber.org/

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Location Help

<<<<Also, you say "head for Ned". What is "Ned"? Sorry if this is an ignorant question.>>>>

Oops, sorry. After spending the past 30 summers in Ned(erland), I forget that others are not familiar with the term and place. There are some that probably would wish to keep it quiet!

I think it's the best place by a Dam site, although the dam is at the opposite end of the Res(ervoir)

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Location Help

Every 11-year old I knew (and I raised a couple of those) absolutely went bonkers at Water World.

http://www.waterworldcolorado.com/

8. Re: Location Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2010, 07:16