We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for Mile High Music Festival

Cheyenne, WY
Level Contributor
495 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay for Mile High Music Festival

Coming for the festival and trying to find a place to stay. Is there anywhere near the venue that is walkable? Thanks in advance for your help

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,481 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for Mile High Music Festival

The festival is in Commerce City.

Go to the map on the festival site and you can search for nearby hotels: milehighmusicfestival.com/get-here/basic-info

It is difficult to tell if they are within walking distance, but you can call them and ask.

Edited: 29 April 2010, 20:09
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,853 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for Mile High Music Festival

I think your best bet maybe the hotels along Quebec at the Stapleton area. There are a number of them.

I like the Double Tree,, it is a bit north of most but you can walk to the restaurants on 29th.

…hilton.com/en_US/…index.do

Closer to Dick's is the Courtyard by Marriott though it is right on the highway. A number of them bewteen the 2.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for Mile High Music Festival

Alli,

Isn't Stapleton quite a distance from Commerce City? (especially without wheels?)

Actually that I-76 area is sort of a no-man's land.............

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,853 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for Mile High Music Festival

Not really. Commerce City is just north of highway 70 @ Quebec. By the Sapp brothers truck stop. The Dicks Sporting Field is near the Stapleton North Fields shopping area.

In the past the Festival ran shuttles from Northfields. That would be any easy cab or technically you could walk from the hotels to Northfields I guess. Not sure I'd want to do that after dark though. Not sure even if there are side walks or not???

You'd basically be walking along very busy roads. This all providing they are running the shuttles again this year.

Edited: 30 April 2010, 00:16
Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay for Mile High Music Festival

<<<Not really. Commerce City is just north of highway 70 @ Quebec. By the Sapp brothers truck stop. The Dicks Sporting Field is near the Stapleton North Fields shopping area.>>>

Sorry, I was confusing Commerce City with Brighton...................no matter. This isn't an area where you want to be hoofing it...............dedicated transport would be the way to go.

Cheyenne, WY
Level Contributor
495 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay for Mile High Music Festival

Thanks for the replies. Will definitely plan to drive or arrange other transportation no matter where we stay. I have not been very familar with this area since the old days of Stapleton airport and when I had family in the old Park Hill neighborhood. Thanks again!

7. Re: Where to stay for Mile High Music Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2010, 05:18