We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cafe for good solo dining

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,152 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
Cafe for good solo dining

I'm going to be attending a conference at the Sheraton Downtown in early June. I'm staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. On the night of the organization's banquet (typical boring program and bad hotel food), I always skip it and go out on my own as that is one of the only times available to enjoy the local atmosphere.

Do any of you have favorite cafes in the downtown area that would be good for my solo night out? I do not want any chain restaurants or steak houses. The more unique the better.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cafe for good solo dining

Depends on what you like.....upscale? downscale? let these experts (not me) know what turns your crank. Lots downtown.......

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cafe for good solo dining

Been to Ship's tavern in the Brown Palace?

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,352 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cafe for good solo dining

Vesta's is good, Typically friendly at the bar. http://www.vestagrill.com/ (warning loud web site ) I like Tag

http://www.tag-restaurant.com/ and Rioja http://www.riojadenver.com/ right by each other.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,152 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cafe for good solo dining

Alli -- Your suggestions all look perfect. I was planning to go to Rioja when my travel companion could go with me so I'll try one of the others on my solo night.

tptr -- Thanks for the suggestion but I stear clear of hotel food when I'm hunting for a great taste of a town's culinary offerings. I'm open to upscale, downscale and in-between, as long as is great food.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,152 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cafe for good solo dining

alli -- From the pictures of Tag, it looks like they have a communal table. Is that what I'm seeing? That might be fun for my solo dining adventure.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cafe for good solo dining

<<<tptr -- Thanks for the suggestion but I stear clear of hotel food when I'm hunting for a great taste of a town's culinary offerings. I'm open to upscale, downscale and in-between, as long as is great food.>>>

Jeez, sorry I forgot Denver is still a cow town to others in the know.....................

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,152 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cafe for good solo dining

OOps -- sorry for the spelling. Really -- no pun intended. I just didn't check my "stear." Let's just say I steer clear of stear :-))

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,352 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cafe for good solo dining

We have sat at the Chef's table with others. It was very fun. Rioja and Tag are right by each other.

Edited: 20 May 2010, 22:40
Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,152 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cafe for good solo dining

Thanks alli,

I'm looking forward to the dining adventure!

10. Re: Cafe for good solo dining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2010, 05:16