We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boulder restaurant for birithday

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Boulder restaurant for birithday

We'll be in Boulder on 6/11 for my husband's birthday. Any suggestions for a reasonable, but good restaurant. We eat most types of food, (although I might like some fish on the menu) including vegetarian. All suggestions welcomed.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,983 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boulder restaurant for birithday

Something on or near the Pearl Street Mall would be great.

I will say that I have not dined anywhere "nice" in a couple of years in Boulder..we usually do quick type food...pizza, burgers, Thai, etc. Check this link for ideas. tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g33324-Boulder_C…

When we lived in Boulder years ago.. John's, Pasta Jays, Gondolier, Old Chicago, Boulder Cork, Gold Hill Inn, Greenbriar, Flagstaff House, Broker...but most are not vegetarian. Maybe Jax Fishhouse.

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
672 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boulder restaurant for birithday

if you go to chowhound.com, and look under Mountain States, there is a post with many suggestions for a birthday dinner downtown Denver.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,281 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boulder restaurant for birithday

Why is this post in the Denver forum...?

There are plenty of "good" restaurants in Boulder. The best restaurants (Flagstaff House, Johns, Frasca) are expensive. Don't know what you consider "reasonable".

One of the best restaurants in Boulder is The Kitchen. www.thekitchencafe.com

I have only heard about Salt, have not dined there yet. It is reportedly very good www.saltboulderbistro.com

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
517 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boulder restaurant for birithday

Frasca's not what I'd consider reasonable, but the food is the best I've had in the state. Flagstaff is also very nice, but there are a number of great options on or near Pearl St in Boulder including the Kitchen. (from what I've heard) If you go to Frasca on Mondays, they do a tasting menu where they sample items to go on the menu on the cheap. They don't take reservations, so show up early. You won't be disappointed. (chef is James Beard Award nominee)

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,281 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boulder restaurant for birithday

Had another thought for a restaurant... 14th Street Bar & Grill. It's on 14th & Pearl Street. They serve "eclectic American cuisine". I think the food is very good and not too expensive.

boulderdowntown.com/go/14th-street-bar-and-g…

Colorado
Level Contributor
443 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boulder restaurant for birithday

Boulder Cork is nice steakhouse type place. Pepper Steak is fantastic.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,756 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boulder restaurant for birithday

The Boulder dining scene can change pretty quick. Agree with Babalax lots of great dining to be had in Boulder, lots with vegetarian options. We recently had a fun night out that included dinner at http://www.centrolatinkitchen.com they do have some yummy sounding veggie dishes.

I have net been but want to go to Alba's http://www.albaboulder.com/ I have heard great things, Having been to Alba, Italy I would hope that a restaurant with the same name would be great!

fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boulder restaurant for birithday

Thanks to all the suggestions. I'm sure we will have a good dinner Fri. night. I just hope it doesn't rain to spoil the evening.

Boulder, CO
Level Contributor
81 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boulder restaurant for birithday

Having lived in Boulder over 30 years and worked 1 block off the Pearl St. Mall for 23 years, I've seen lots of eateries come and go. My vote for best bang for the buck right off Pearl Street Mall is the "Med" - the Mediterranean Restaurant, which usually has some nice fish dishes, as well as many other very nicely done options. The outdoor patio (courtyard) is nice in the summer. Check out the menu and website "themedboulder.com".

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Boulder restaurant for birithday

Brasserie Ten Ten

The Med

Jax Fish House (expensive)