We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EZ Rent-A-Car / EZ RAC Denver International Airport

Denver
Level Contributor
11 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
EZ Rent-A-Car / EZ RAC Denver International Airport

Wow, I have never received such poor customer service from a company and on multiple instances. I highly recommend NOT using EZ Rent-A-Car (especially at the Denver International Airport).

In early June (2010) I made a reservation for 2 weeks in late June/early July. I received a confirmation and wanted to confirm it was in their system after a few days. (It has happened before that you have a confirmation somewhere then when you show up, it's no where to be found so I always double check now).

I called the Denver station and asked the agent to please confirm the reservation was in the system. He rudely answered; "did you get the confirmation email?" I responded; "I would just like to make sure it's in your system, I made it a few days ago and want to verify it's correct." He snapped back with, "if you got a confirmation code it's in there." To which I said; "would you please humor me and check?" "Ugh, Please Hold!!", says the obviously bothered agent.

After waiting on hold for approximately 5 mins. someone picks up the line and waits there saying nothing while I say; "hello. Hello?" then *click*. The agent hung up on me.

I tried them back and got a message for the station for the next 10 mins. saying they were unavailable and to try back. Unbelievable to me that I couldn't get them to verify a reservation! So I emailed their customer service explaining my frustration. I did receive a response back from Andrew there in the Corporate offices. He confirmed the reservation and apologized for their behavior.

Now, everyone has a bad day and a car rental is a car rental, right? WRONG! The reservation was set for 2pm pick-up time. After my flight was canceled and I knew my new itinerary we changed the pick-up time with the 800 number because no one was available at the Denver station. The time was changed to 10:30 flight arrival with new information and was assured everything was good because the airport location was open until midnight.

When I arrive in Denver and call for the shuttle to go get my car, the man informs me; "oh no, you were supposed to be here at 2pm. We don't have your car." I said; "No, the time was changed to 10:30pm with your 800 number and they confirmed it would be held." And with their standard of poor customer service he says; "We have no cars! Next person please!"

WOW, I think to myself. It's 11pm and I am now supposed to try and get a different rental company to help when they have no cars either. My daughter in the mean-time is calling EZ Rental (Denver office) and speaks with a girl, Tiffany, telling her it's unacceptable that there is no car when the reservation time had been changed, etc. Tiffany told her; "we were over-booked and it's not my fault. There is nothing I can do about it." Really? I believe it would be the rental company's fault that they over-booked and didn't have a car for her. If it's not their fault then who might be to blame? I imagine most people would be upset in this situation. When she was talking (yes upset and frustrated by the responses she was getting from the agent, Tiffany) she was mid-sentence saying; "then if you can't help I need to know who it is that I contact that's authorized to deal with this situation..."

That's when it happened again; *click*! The agent just hung up. What customer service manual out there tells you to just hang up on an angry customer? It was amazing to me that 2 different individuals at the Denver location did this on 2 different occasions.

After taking a cab to Denver (as anyone would know who's flown into Denver; DIA is about 30 mins from anywhere one would be going but likely longer) I called the next morning and spoke with Andrew in Corporate again. He said he'd call the Denver office and speak with them before I called to speak with the manager there to bring him up to speed.

When I called the manager at the DIA station he said; "we'll give you 2 days free out of 14 if you want to come back out to the airport and get a car." NO THANK YOU!!

I did, however, receive from Enterprise exceptional customer service. They got a quote to just $6 higher from what EZ was quoting me. Offered to bring the car to me and waive the fee for having the drop off and pick-up location different. Here was a company that did nothing wrong to begin with but was trying to help me out when EZ Rent-a-car was repeatedly rude, showing extremely poor customer service over and again, yet were not trying to make it right with me either.

I will NEVER use EZ Rent-a-car again and warn you to do the same if you're coming to Denver! It's worth a few more bucks to go with a reputable company.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,218 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EZ Rent-A-Car / EZ RAC Denver International Airport

Wow, why is it that anytime someone posts about EZ Rent a Car it is Always their one and only post???!! Peculiar. Makes me think I should rent from them.....

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
918 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EZ Rent-A-Car / EZ RAC Denver International Airport

Yeah, I read through the rant wondering which company would be held up for praise after the long sob story about the horrors of the first company.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,652 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EZ Rent-A-Car / EZ RAC Denver International Airport

When you rent from second (or third tier) agencies, you're really rolling the dice. What's especially interesting is having such a bad experience and then doing it again.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: EZ Rent-A-Car / EZ RAC Denver International Airport

1st time posters shouldn't be so universally rejected or suspected when reviews are negative or postive. EZ has a lousy rep.

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
819 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EZ Rent-A-Car / EZ RAC Denver International Airport

you get what you pay for

6. Re: EZ Rent-A-Car / EZ RAC Denver International Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2010, 06:15