We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denver (DEN) airport transfer question

Cupertino
Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Denver (DEN) airport transfer question

Hello Experts,

We are planning to do the Disney World vacation from San Francisco airport to Orlando(MCO), I have questions on Denver (DEN) airport transfer during Christmas & New Year period:

1. Is it 1 hour is long enough for airplan transfer at Denver(DEN) airport?

ps. DEN airport is big, even though we are Domestic Flies, not sure if it's long enough. We have simple carryons. may still need to go through security again?

2. How is the weather in Denver(DEN) during Christmas & New Year period?

ps. concern that bad weather delays the landing, and won't be able to catch my transfer next fly.

3. If the weather causing delay the airport landing, and miss my fly, do I need to pay extra and responsible to look for another fly or the air line will pay for it due to the bad weather?

ps. fly insurance is very costly since I have Disney World package.

thanks a lot,

Nancy

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Denver (DEN) airport transfer question

Transfer: It depends if you are transferring with the same airline. If so, one hour shouldn't be a problem.

Even if you have to change airlines, with the underground shuttle, you can move from one tyerminal to another quite fast. Fortunately, coming from the shuttle upstairs into (any givenn) treminal drops you off in the middle of the terminal, with about half of the gates on one side, half on the other. So you don't have to walk the full length of the terminal.

The weather: Impossible to predict. But if there are delays due to weather, all flights at the time will be affected.

Airlines usually try to get you on another one of their flights, but there could be quite a delay. Don't count on airlines to pay for anything.

Pagosa Springs...
Destination Expert
for Durango, Pagosa Springs
Level Contributor
414 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Denver (DEN) airport transfer question

To answer your questions -

First, are you on the same airline from SFO to MCO? If so, an hour should be enough time. You will likely just need to go to another gate within the same concourse. Also, where are you sitting on the flight from SFO? If you are in the back of the plane, it can be more difficult to make a quick connection. Personally, I find DIA very easy to get around.

Weather??? It can always be a factor. If your flights are delayed or you miss connections due to weather, the airline will get you to your destination. But also keep in mind that if weather is an issue during a busy travel time, it may take you longer to get to your destination. The airlines have that many more people to rebook on already full flights.

If you are really that worried - trip insurance is your best protection.

Cupertino
Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Denver (DEN) airport transfer question

Thanks a lot for your prompt responses which are quite helpful!

4. Re: Denver (DEN) airport transfer question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2011, 15:17