We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Denver to Las Vegas visiting Monument Valley

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Denver to Las Vegas visiting Monument Valley

Hi!!!

I'm from Barcelona, Spain and we would like to spend 3 days driving from Denver to Las Vegas (2 nights in route), visiting Monument Valley

I could see that the best route is take de 70 from Denver to Moab (visiting the Arches National Park). Once visited Moab, take the the 191 to Halchita and Kayenta to drive close to Monument Valley and visit it.

Maybe we can spend the other night at Flagstaff and the other day drive to Las Vegas...

It would be a great route? We would like to visit Monument Valley, but don't know if it is the best...

Could someone help me?

Thank you so much!!!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,990 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Denver to Las Vegas visiting Monument Valley

It's six hour from Denver to Moab. I recommend a sunset hike on your arrival night at Delicate Arch and a drive through Arches in the morning. it's six hours from Moab to Flagstaff via Monument Valley. Ideally, you would like a bit more time, but you could spend a few hours there then continue on to Flagstaff it you have a timeframe to keep. It's 4-5 hours from there to Flagstaff.

While I know you are interested in Monument Valley, I might suggest you forego Monument Valley to spend more time in Moab. There are great similarities and you might get more for your time by doing so.

Have a great trip.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,226 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Denver to Las Vegas visiting Monument Valley

Or, spend one or two less nights in Las Vegas and add them to your itinerary so you can spend a little more time in Colorado and/or Utah. What time does your flight arrive in Denver and how far did you plan on driving the first day?

Another good option would be to drive through Colorado to Mesa Verde National Park.

Adelaide, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Denver to Las Vegas visiting Monument Valley

Thanks for the updates (keep them coming) and the link on the right. I completely missed it.

Cheers,

Simon.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
200 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving from Denver to Las Vegas visiting Monument Valley

I would suggest going from Denver to Moab, Moab through Monument Valley to Page (Arizona), then Page to Las Vegas.

In Moab, you can check out Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park (my personal favorite).

Drive through Monument Valley (don't bother to stop in the Monument Valley Tribal Park - the views from the road are just as beautiful, and there are plenty of pullouts).

Stop in Page instead of Flagstaff. That way, you have more time to spend in Moab (see above) or Zion (between Page and Las Vegas). Also, you may want to look into Antelope Canyon near page - it's one of the most photographed caves in the world and is absolutely beautiful! You could always detour to the north rim of the grand canyon from Page as well.

Drive from Page to Las Vegas. Zion National Park is along the way, and is worth a visit if you have the time!

5. Re: Driving from Denver to Las Vegas visiting Monument Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 02:42