We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denver - Good Guys trip spot??

cincy
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Denver - Good Guys trip spot??

Some friends and I were considering a guys trip to Denver sometime late summer, probably in either August or September.

We are in our early 30's, some married and some single. Are there enough things to do for a group of guys in this age range and demographic? The single guys wil be interested in the bar scene..is there a central bar area/distric, good mix of bars including dive bars, etc.

What about Hotels? Looking for something within walking distance to entertainment/nightlife. WHat would your top hotel reccos be?

Lastly, are there many decent golf courses, any with views?

Pedal Hopper
Bike Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours
Howl at the Moon Denver
Bars & Clubs, Dance Clubs & Discos
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,467 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Denver - Good Guys trip spot??

Stay in the Lodo or Downtown Denver area. Lots of bars, restaurants, brewpub or 2, baseball etc within walking distance or short shuttle ride. Plenty of golf courses, most have views of mountains, but then again most places in Denver have a view of the mountains.

www.denver.org for plenty of info.

Pagosa Springs...
Destination Expert
for Durango, Pagosa Springs
Level Contributor
415 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Denver - Good Guys trip spot??

For views, I would highly recommend Arrowhead Golf Course in Littleton. I found it to be a really unique course. I'll admit, I'm not a golfer, but I played this course during a business tournament a few years ago and found the combination of red rocks, water features and wildlife a nice mix.

www.arrowheadcolorado.com/layout9.asp…

3. Re: Denver - Good Guys trip spot??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2012, 10:31