We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copper Mtn. or Keystone? Which is best?

florida
1 post
Save Topic
Copper Mtn. or Keystone? Which is best?

Which is a better all around ski experience...Copper Mtn or Keystone? Including accomodations.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,983 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Copper Mtn. or Keystone? Which is best?

I think they are very similar in lots of ways. What do you like to ski?

How long are you coming for and when? Are you interested in activities other than skiing?

Me I'd pick Keystone but then I like it so much I bought a place here!

Others will say Copper so it helps to know what you're hoping for. Both offer the opportunity for a great ski vacation.

Edited: 10 January 2012, 22:02
Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,613 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Copper Mtn. or Keystone? Which is best?

"Best" is very subjective. As alli said we need more info from you about what you are looking for, etc.

I love Copper. I like the way the mountain naturally separates the experts from the beginners. I love the terrain, the accessibility, the small village atmosphere. We owned a condo @ Copper -- the accommodations are very nice.

It has been a long time since I've skied @ Keystone, so I can't make a recent comparison.

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Copper Mtn. or Keystone? Which is best?

I was going to ask your level of experience, if you are beginner(s) Copper is preferable. As Babalax mentioned, the green runs are segregated, which is a safer and less stressful situation. Keystone has more terrain and more of a "nightlife", more restaurants etc. if that is important.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
326 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Copper Mtn. or Keystone? Which is best?

I would say Keystone I LOVE Keystone.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
185 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Copper Mtn. or Keystone? Which is best?

I can't comment on accommodations, but purely from a skiing standpoint, I prefer Copper. However, Keystone is also very good, and you won't be making a mistake by picking either area.

6. Re: Copper Mtn. or Keystone? Which is best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2013, 10:18