We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski Vacation - flying into Denver

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
Level Contributor
117 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Ski Vacation - flying into Denver

Our family of four is flying into Denver and want to spend our time at a ski resort and need help selecting the right spot. mid March.

My husband and oldest son are both good skiers, my youngest son is a beginner. Me, I might ski once but prefer other activities - skating, snow shoeing, hiking and shopping.

We are looking for a destination with other things to do besides just skiing. Can you help with some great options?

Also, if we can skip renting a car, that would be ideal but not mandatory.

Thank you.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
326 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski Vacation - flying into Denver

I would say Keystone go on vrbo.com and rent a condo in river run villiage! You wont regret it. Secondly most ski resorts are about 1 hour away from denver, there for you would have to rent a car. You could take a mountain shuttle but it would not make sense cost wise!

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski Vacation - flying into Denver

Both Keystone & Copper are within striking distance of your shopping. (Silverthorne, Frisco & Breck)

Copper would put you within striking distance of Leadville and its history as well.

dh and oldest son would probably enjoy either Keystone or Copper.

Suggest a beginner ski school for the youngest.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,486 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ski Vacation - flying into Denver

What I like about Keystone. It is easy for everyone to come and go as they please. Wide range of lodging options. The Resort shuttle is free and runs throughout the resort.

I think it is great for non-skiers. Except for the shopping, really you need to go to Breck or Frisco for the day. Easy enough to do.

The Stube for lunch. It is on top of the mountain, you take the gondola over so you can meet up with the skiers, have a civilized lunch. Enjoy the view, fabulous!

Dinner at the Fondue, all ages love it!

Lots of trails near for snow shoeing and cross country. The Nordic center rents good gear and you can take them off resort. I'd be happy to talk more about trails if you are interested.

Great tubing, again on the top of the mountain, makes it easy to meet up with the others.

Keystone has the largest out door maintained ice skating rink in the country. Not the little one at River Run but the Lake at the Village.

A very nice spa at the Keystone Lodge and Spa.

Great ski school, great terrain. The skiers will be happy.

Finally Mid March is a very busy time. I'd pick soon to get your lodging booked!

Edited: 13 January 2012, 00:02
4. Re: Ski Vacation - flying into Denver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2013, 10:22