We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ski clothing shops

Mexico City...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
ski clothing shops

Hi, any recommendations for ski clothing shopping for the family on my way to Vail from Denver´s airport?

Thank you

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ski clothing shops

Stop in Silverthorne off of I-70 about 1 /1/2 or so from Denver on your way to Vail. Lots of outlet shops. Should be able to find some light for the warm weather. Buy sunscreen for sure.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
206 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ski clothing shops

Last time I was at the Silverthorne factory shops, there, there was a Columbia outlet store. There are two groups of shops. One on the north of I-70 and the other on the south. Columbia is in the south group.

A handy shortcut from the south to the north (and vice versa) is an underpass at the west ends of the shops. You wind around for a few hundred feet, but it's better than going back to the Silverthorne exit from I-70 and all the traffic signals.

One problem, though: It's an outlet store. The prices are good but the stock is hit and miss. But this early at the end of a poor snow season like this year, there might be a bunch of good stuff.

Seems like the other set of shops also has ski gear, but I don't recall specifics. You might want to Google "outlet shops Silverthorne."

A couple of miles past Silverthorne is the Frisco exit. There are a lot of ski shops right off the highway. I'd bet there are a lot of clearance sales going on right now.

Mexico City...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: ski clothing shops

Thanks!

sydney
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ski clothing shops

Hi there, am travelling through Denver on way to telluride. Just stopping for one day to buy essentials like gloves, wool thermals, snow shoes general warm clothes for a month stay in the snow.

Was in Canada once and would shop at work wear world for stuff like this.

Is there a shop in Denver like hat where you get all the basic essentials at reasonable prices.

sydney
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ski clothing shops

Hi there, am travelling through Denver on way to telluride. Just stopping for one day to buy essentials like gloves, wool thermals, snow shoes general warm clothes for a month stay in the snow.

Was in Canada once and would shop at work wear world for stuff like this.

Is there a shop in Denver like that where you get all the basic essentials at reasonable prices.

6. Re: ski clothing shops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2014, 06:15