I'm tagging along with a friend while she attends a conference in Denver. We'll rent a car and I'll have Friday-Sunday to explore, leaving on Monday. I've never been to Colorado so I want to make the most of the experience without breaking the bank or spending the entire trip in a car. I plan to spend a day in Denver and then two days wandering around. So far I'm thinking Red Rocks and maybe Mount Evan (Though the drive looks like it might be too much for me).
* What is the speed limit up to Mount Evan? I think I might be
able to handle the drive if I can really take my time. How slow is
* Red Rocks, are there good walking trails? Is it worth the time?
* If I chicken out on Mount Evan where should I go to experience
the Mountains? The highest mountains I've ever driven has
been the Great Smokey's. I can handle the turns but the shear
drops might be too much.
* Altitude Sickness. One thing that worries me about the drive to
Mount Evan is not knowing if/how badly I might be effected.
Does anyone do any tours up to the top. I might prefer if
someone else took the wheel.
* My friend wants to go to Royal Gorge Bridge & Park in Canon
City. I don't ride roller coasters and while the Tram and Incline
Railroad look like fun, is there enough to keep me busy? Are
there trails or other natural things to enjoy? How far a drive is
Canon from Denver?
* Also, I love grave art. Are there any really cool cemeteries to
Sorry for so many questions but I'm a bit overwhelmed. Never Having been anywhere like Colorado I'm excited and nervous. Thanks for all of your help in advance!