We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotel to stay near Denver University

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
254 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Which Hotel to stay near Denver University

I'm visiting Denver University with my son in June as he will be studying there this year.

We will be staying two nights and would like to see the campus grounds and whatever else i.e. downtown.

Please recommend a hotel to stay as well as must do's in Denver. We like shopping, good restaurants, nightlife etc.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,965 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hotel to stay near Denver University

most of the shopping night life is Downtown. This thread might get you started

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33388-i253-k53657…

Must do's?? What do you like to do? My "must do's may be well different from yours!

You could look here for a start

www.denver.org/what-to-do/must-see-denver

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,307 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hotel to stay near Denver University

For shopping, maybe the REI flagship store with its awesome climbing wall, and the Tattered Cover bookstore is on many "must do" lists.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
93 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Hotel to stay near Denver University

You are kind of in a no mans land as far as hotels immediately near the University. The University does sit right on the light rail system so that opens up some options to stay more downtown or South in the tech center area. Sounds like downtown is more of what you are looking for. If you have a car while you are here you will only be 20 mins or so between downtown and DU.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
254 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Hotel to stay near Denver University

Thanks for the info. One more question: How long will it take from downtown Denver to DU with public transport? We have an appointment for round about 15h00.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,965 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Hotel to stay near Denver University

http://www.rtd-denver.com you can plan your route,

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
989 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Hotel to stay near Denver University

Another thought not yet mentioned is the Cherry Creek area - right down the road (University) from DU. It's an entire district of shopping, restaurants, entertainment, and hotels.

While downtown has good variety, Cherry Creek is worth a nod.

Level Contributor
15 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Hotel to stay near Denver University

My son goes to DU and we always stay around Cherry Creek. The JW Marriott or the Marriott Cherry Creek Courtyard Inn. There is lots of shopping and night life to keep you busy, especially if you are only staying two nights. If you time it right from Cherry Creek to DU, you can make it in ten minutes. Staying downtown is not so far, but the Tech Center is too far.

The DU website will give you the reservation codes for special rates at many local hotels. Marriott, Sheraton, Westin, etc. Have fun, stay close.

8. Re: Which Hotel to stay near Denver University

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 03:43