We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to do downtown walking distance from Sheraton

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
347 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
things to do downtown walking distance from Sheraton

going to a conference and wont have a car - can you tell me what is close/walking distance to Sheraton downtown?

I will have one day on my own and wondering if it would be worthwhile to get a car that I could also drop at the airport as I know the airport is way the heck out there.

thanks so much

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,160 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: things to do downtown walking distance from Sheraton

Parking might wind up costing you more than the rental car. Downtown Denver is very walkable and public transpotation will work great to get you pretty much anywhere downtown. Especially since the Sheraton is so centrally located.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,988 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: things to do downtown walking distance from Sheraton

As smushie said the Sheraton is pretty much in the thick of things. Too many to mention. There is shopping, great restaurants, bars, museums, the Capitol, the Mint, biking, kayaking...

You might try http://www.denver.org/ and then ask here for specifics.

You could rent a car downtown for a day trip if you want and then drop it at the airport. Or for tooling around the city our wonderful bike share program. http://denver.bcycle.com/

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
200 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: things to do downtown walking distance from Sheraton

You could always check out the Denver Art museum as well.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
93 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: things to do downtown walking distance from Sheraton

16th Street Mall is going to be just a short walk from your hotel and has food, drinks, shopping and lot's of people watching. It is an outdoor pedestrian only area that I recommend. As far as the car goes as someone else has mentioned if you get one and have to park it downtown plan on $25 per night.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
989 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: things to do downtown walking distance from Sheraton

Agreed - if you are staying at the Sheraton downtown you will not need a car. This part of the city is extremely walkable. You can visit the State Capitol, the Denver Art Museum, 16th Street pedestrian mall, LoDo, and Coors field. Not sure what your dates are, or if there will be a Colorado Rockies game going on - but that is a lot of fun.

Downtown is also on the light rail line so you can technically explore other parts of the city pretty easily. I am sure that you will have everything you need right at your footsteps, though, since the Sheraton is in such a great spot! Enjoy your trip to Denver!!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
204 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: things to do downtown walking distance from Sheraton

Not sure when you will be here, but check out the Colorado Rockies baseball schedule. Coors Field is a pleasant walk from the Sheraton.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
185 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: things to do downtown walking distance from Sheraton

If you are a history buff, check out the new Colorado history museum, History Colorado Center, located at 12th and Broadway: www.historycolorado.org

Edited: 10 May 2012, 05:14
8. Re: things to do downtown walking distance from Sheraton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 15:17