We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Sports Bars?

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown Sports Bars?

Visiting from Scotland in late September and we are looking for a friendly Sports Bar to watch college games, well, my husband is so that I can shop all day! Something near the 16th Street area would be great, any ideas?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
200 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Sports Bars?

There are plenty of good sports bars in the LoDo area, by Coors Field near the west end of the 16th Street Mall. Some ideas are:

Sports Column is, as it's name suggests, a pretty good and popular sports bar style place. It and some of the others nearby on Blake St. are some of my personal favorites.

Wynkoop Brewery is more laid back if you want to sit and talk in a quieter, more laid back place. They also have pool, darts, etc upstairs. I like it for dinner with some beers.

Fado Irish Pub is right next to the park, and I have a bunch of friends who like that one.

Falling Rock Tap House is in the area as well.

The Tavern has a nice rooftop, though it can get crowded. There are a bunch of good places surrounding it, and that area can get crazy on a Saturday night with the younger crowd.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
347 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Sports Bars?

there are a bunch near Coors Field - one I think called Tavern advertises the largest patio in Denver. It appears to look out to Coors field - was walking around that area today. I would do that and avoid 16th which to me (a native Californian) is a freak show.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown Sports Bars?

Thanks Girls, your pearls of wisdom will make our trip easier. My aim is to deposit my husband then shop in peace all day!

4. Re: Downtown Sports Bars?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 10:17