We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outlets - and hotels

DK
Level Contributor
62 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Outlets - and hotels

Hi,

We are visiting Denver next year in the summer time.

I have found Best Western, Vance Street, Lakewood very cheap - and it looks nice as well. Is the neighbourhoods okay? We are of course visiting downtown, RMNP and outlets. I need some help to choose outlet. Are they all very good.

Helle

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,983 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outlets - and hotels

Don't know the specific hotel but Lakewood is fine and that intersection is quite convenient to getting out and onto the highway. Nothing fancy there, just a functional location.

Major outlets in Silverthorne, a little over an hour west with a nice scenic drive through the mountains on I-70, and Castle Rock, about 30-40 minutes drive south on I-25. So that hotel location would be pretty decent if all you want is functionality.

While you could do a RMNP day trip, it would be a long day. If you're game for it, you can make a big loop. Maybe start out your day heading west on I-70, over Berthoud Pass and on up to west side of RMNP, traversing Trail Ridge Road to Estes Park and then back down to Denver.

Have fun.

DK
Level Contributor
62 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outlets - and hotels

Thanks for your input. Good to know that Lakewood is fine and convenient for our plans. We were thinking of Silverthorne so it is good to see that you mentioned it - and also Castle Rock. We are aware of that the trip to RMNP will be a long day but it's okay and your proposal sounds great - thanks. I can see that you comes from Park City - maybe you could recommend a hotel there? We are having a roundtrip Denver-Mount Rushmore-Yellowstone-Park City-Moab-Mesa Verde-Durango/Silverton-Colorado Springs-Denver.

Helle

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,983 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outlets - and hotels

Great sounding trip! When you exit Yellowstone come down through GTNP and Jackson. Five hours from Jackson to Park City. For transit visits like yours, I usually recommend Newpark Resort - a great, reasonably priced resort hotel right out at I-80 in a massive entertainment complex. Tons of activities, restaurants, etc. (Maxwell's in Newpark is key recommendation for fun evening). For a better feel of Park City, stay on historic Main Street at Marriott Summit Watch or Sky Lodge.

When you exit Park City for Moab, head down to Heber City and Provo Canyon for a scenic shortcut down to I-15 then US6. In Moab we like River Canyon Lodge, or any of the other hotels right downtown so you can walk to dinner.

Have fun.

DK
Level Contributor
62 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outlets - and hotels

Thanks for your comments - I appreciate! Marriott in Historic Main Street sounds nice - we have talked about taking the tour to Main Street so your advice is really nice. I will look for River Canyon as well. Thanks.

Helle

5. Re: Outlets - and hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 12:17