We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel VERY near DIA with free shuttle and free parking?

Colorado
Level Contributor
250 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel VERY near DIA with free shuttle and free parking?

I am looking for a hotel near Denver International Airport that provides a free shuttle to/from the airport and free parking for up to 14 days...ideally, no more than five minutes away, with frequent shuttle runs......I've seen a few that run every 45 minutes and this seems unacceptable--if you miss the one you need, it's too long until the next one and you are late getting to the airport....our flight leaves very early AM and we live over an hour away, so thought we'd just start our vacay a night early so as not to have to get up at "dark-thirty" that morning....has anyone a good referral for me?...thanks, Ana

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
6,134 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel VERY near DIA with free shuttle and free parking?

There are a bunch of hotels on Tower just south of Pena. Probably more than five minutes from the airport, but they're the closest ones. More like 10 minutes away. Contact your favorite chain for parking limits and shuttle frequency

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel VERY near DIA with free shuttle and free parking?

Info on hotels near airport http://flydenver.com/hotelshuttles

Leaving your car for 14 days in a hotel parking lot and not staying there will get you towed for sure.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,633 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel VERY near DIA with free shuttle and free parking?

One hotel on Tower that advertises Park & Fly rates with 14 days parking and free 24 hour shuttle is the Best Western Plus DIA, formerly a Ramada, but newly renovated. You'd want to call them to see how their shuttle works.

…bestwestern.com/bestwestern/…

Courtyard offers the shuttle but charges $20 for the first 10 days of parking and per day after that.

The La Quinta has reasonable rates and a Stay & Go package that basically adds a parking charge to the room rate, which still seems fairly reasonable.

www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do…

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,852 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel VERY near DIA with free shuttle and free parking?

I have a 4 hour drive to the airport and so I always use a fly and stay package when traveling out of DIA. In most cases, the cost of one night in the hotel with 14 days of free parking is actually cheaper than long term parking at the airport. In addition to the hotels listed above, Hyatt Place Denver Airport also offers a fly and stay rate that I've used at least a half dozen times. The airport shuttle runs every 30 minutes and can be reserved weeks in advance. Other airport hotels listed above offer similar rates (i.e. fly and stay or stay and go rates), some of which I've also taken advantage of. Beyond just avoiding the stress of getting up early and driving to catch a morning flight, it's often more economical.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel VERY near DIA with free shuttle and free parking?

^^Wow, learn something new every day. Must save this away for future use.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,795 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel VERY near DIA with free shuttle and free parking?

I stay and park also because I live in the mountains and it is often easier - I left my vehicle at the Hilton Garden Inn for free for 23 days once. Not the cheapest place to stay, but I like their amenities (and beds,) as well as the free shuttle. Also La Qunita is a place we stay when we have our dogs with us. Pets stay free, great rates, good breakfast, free shuttle, and for a nominal fee (sometimes free) you can park too.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,621 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel VERY near DIA with free shuttle and free parking?

Country Inn and Suites has a shuttle and parking. It is a great hotel and gets excellent reviews. We stayed there this September.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
11,215 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel VERY near DIA with free shuttle and free parking?

We have used www.parksleepfly.com to find airport hotels like what you want. Information about hours and frequency of the shuttles, distance from the airport, etc is provided.

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel VERY near DIA with free shuttle and free parking?

We use the Days Inn on Tower Rd. They let you park for 14 days. Easy free shuttle. Way better than the airport parking.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,680 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel VERY near DIA with free shuttle and free parking?

As mentioned, there are many hotels along Tower Rd. that provide parking and shuttles. Some only allow 7 days parking but the Baymont Inn & Suites allows 14 days (where I stayed coming and going since I live 5 hrs. away). I was happy with the accommodations and the shuttle, especially when upon returning to Denver there was a tornado situation and the shuttle driver made sure it was safe to leave DIA and head out onto the open prairies to the hotel. Actually the hotels seem to somewhat share shuttles since several may be owned by the same people or something because the signage on the side didn't always match up to the hotel they stopped at.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33388-d1653655…