We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trips from Denver

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
tucson, az
1 post
Save Topic
Day Trips from Denver

Hi, I am looking for advise on day trips from Denver. I will be living here in May & June and looking to explore Colorado on the weekends. Interested in seeing the mountains, hiking and interesting towns. Any advise is helpful - I've only been to Colorado once before to ski Aspen- so beautiful! Thanks for your help!

Colorado Western...
Destination Expert
for Ouray, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Montrose
Level Contributor
650 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trips from Denver

There are a number of suggestions on the Colorado-for-Free site:

http://www.Colorado-for-Free.com

Select "Front Range North" for things in the Denver region. The nice thing about these suggestions are that none of them cost anything (except for gas for your vehicle).

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trips from Denver

Wow, you'll certainly not lack for things to do and places to go on your weekends here! For daytrips outside of Denver, I'd recommend (driving minutes away from Denver):

- Golden (30 min)

- Boulder (45 min)

- Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park (90 min)

- Black Hawk/Central City (for gambling if that interests you) (75 min)

- Colorado Springs (75 min)

- Summit County (Dillon/Silverthorne/Frisco/Breckenridge) (75 min)

- Georgetown (cute old town with narrow gauge railroad tour) (45 min)

- Vail (90 min)

- Drive to the top of Mount Evans after Memorial Day (60 minutes)

Some of these destinations can be combined, such as Georgetown en route to Summit County. This list is a brief overview and there are other good suggestions I'm sure I've missed. The bottom line is there is so much to see and do and May and June is a great time to be here!

Don't forget Denver itself, certainly a weekend's time would let you hit the good stuff. If you're looking for great places to walk/hike in the metro area, check this out: tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i803-Ten_Awesom…

Colorado
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trips from Denver

I agree. Many places to see, you'll want to try them all! I personally really enjoy the Estes Park area. Very beautiful. friendly, lots to do & see.

Check out the city too, great shopping, great dining, cultural/arts events. Lots of attractions in town! Have a blast!

4. Re: Day Trips from Denver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 11:18