We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days starting Estes Park ending up in Denver in June

Roanoke, VA
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
4 days starting Estes Park ending up in Denver in June

There will be four of us, mom/dad, two boys 12&10 in a convertible, ready to see some breathtaking sights. This will be from a Wed to a Sunday (we fly home that morning). Any suggestions about where to drive? Thanks!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
875 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days starting Estes Park ending up in Denver in June

Drive over Trail Ridge Rd. Maybe stay in Grand Lake, then head to Aspen. You will go through Glenwood Canyon (beautiful with a convertible) While there visit Maroon Bells. Then go over Independence Pass and past Twin Lakes, coming back to I-70 through Leadville. It will be a lot of driving but you'll see some of the best sites available.

So that's Wed. night Estes Park

Thurs night Grand Lake

Friday night Aspen

Sat. back in Denver

Genesee, CO
Level Contributor
646 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days starting Estes Park ending up in Denver in June

ok, that isn't a very long time ... :)

but here are my recommendations:

Wednesday: Drive through RNMP and stay on the other side at Grand Lake or Granby.

Thursday: Head down to I-70, head west and go to Breckenridge. (cute ski town). Stay there for the night.

Friday: Head back from Breckenridge back towards Denver along I-70 East and exit at Idaho springs to take the highest paved road in the US (MT Evans scenic drive). The complete route (assuming the pass is open and you can go all the way through) comes out at Evergreen. Stay there for the night.

www.allgetaways.com/view_destination.asp…

Saturday

Have breakfast at the wildflower cafe on main street in Evergreen and then take the back road from Evergreen through Morrison (and red rocks park) back west to Denver. Stay near the airport in Denver to catch your flight in the morning.

Roanoke, VA
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days starting Estes Park ending up in Denver in June

These suggestions sound incredible...I'll start mapping things out right away. Can't wait to go westward with my young men! Thank you, Trip Advisors! :-)

4. Re: 4 days starting Estes Park ending up in Denver in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 20:21