We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where would you recommend in Lakewood or Downtown?

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
388 posts
278 reviews
Save Topic
Where would you recommend in Lakewood or Downtown?

Our budget isn't a huge factor, but we tend to lean away from fancy unless the place has everything going for it and I can get away with wearing a golf shirt and hiking sneakers...not bringing shoes as last time I never wore them. We tend to lean towards American fare...but aren't afraid of new stuff. I love Thai...but girlfriend is not into very exotic stuff.

Where would you have lunch?

Where would you have dinner?

Where would you have breakfast?

Might also do a meal/drinks with some friends...any place that isn't too loud so you can talk?

We will probably spend a day near the Denver Art Museum and a day out in/near Lakewood. Any help would be appreciated.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,570 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where would you recommend in Lakewood or Downtown?

Most places in Denver, sneakers and a golf shirt are fine.

I am having a hard time with the Lakewood location. Are you staying there?

There are many restaurants that fit the bill. Sundays I love Bistro Vendome for Breakfast. Lunch more local very near downtown Vine Street Pub and Lala's. I also like some the of restaurants in LoHi, Linger, Lola's.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
294 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where would you recommend in Lakewood or Downtown?

Take a look at Cuba Cuba. Great authentic Cuban food and better mojitos!

www.cubacubacafe.com/

Boston...
Level Contributor
388 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where would you recommend in Lakewood or Downtown?

Thanks so far. Keep them coming. Yes, we are staying in Lakewood via AirBnB...visiting a friend who's preggers so we wanted to stay close to her. She won't be going out to meals with us though as she is very far along now.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
5,903 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where would you recommend in Lakewood or Downtown?

For breakfast, definitely try Snooze one day.

Not too far from Lakewood is one of my favorite parts of Denver - South Pearl street. Farmer's market on Sunday, Art walks on First Fridays, great restaurants that have a calm, easy vibe (not too loud to talk with friends) - and nice patios to relax on a sunny day...for breakfast (Gaia Bistro!!!) lunch (Kaos!!!) or dinner (Sushi Den!!! but I don't think they have a patio)...I'd probably check out this area at least once!

http://www.southpearlstreet.com/events.html

In downtown Denver, near the Art Museum, I would go to Larimer Square for dinner or brunch. Tom's Urban Grill is a really unique take on american diner, Tag is just delicious, there is also a wine bar Crue and an urban winery Infinite Monkey's Theorem. Great Italian at Osteria Marco.

Also around downtown - places like Jax (seafood), Venice (Italian), Kitchen (american), Mad Greens (salads), Zengo (fusion - although might be too much for your girlfriend!).

In the Highlands, Root Down or Linger (both have amazing brunch too).

The great thing about Denver restaurants is most of them don't require you to dress up. In hiking sneakers, you will fit right in to most.

Edited: 24 April 2013, 15:30
Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
5,903 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where would you recommend in Lakewood or Downtown?

a commercial came on that made me think of you....Hacienda Colorado is a chain, with a location in Lakewood.

Who doesn't love some good mexican food? (And they have great decor, and awesome, fresh guacamole):

http://www.haciendacolorado.com/

Note: Very popular, can get loud, sometimes long wait to get seated - but you can wait at the bar, while drinking some margaritas.

Boston...
Level Contributor
388 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where would you recommend in Lakewood or Downtown?

Thanks all for the help. No longer staying in Lakewood, we are now staying in the Barnum Neighborhood a few blocks West of Federal St. Any tips in that area, definitely appreciate it.

7. Re: Where would you recommend in Lakewood or Downtown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2014, 06:19