We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting Time for Clearing Customs & Immigration

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
394 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Connecting Time for Clearing Customs & Immigration

I am looking at flights from Vancouver to Orlando that connect through Denver with a 1 hour and 45 minute connection. Is this enough time to clear customs & immigration and make it to the connecting flight?

Thank you in advance!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
5,942 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connecting Time for Clearing Customs & Immigration

The short answer is yes, plenty of time. If you booked this flight directly as a complete itinerary then you should have no concerns at all.

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connecting Time for Clearing Customs & Immigration

If you are flying from YVR you will clear Customs and Immigration right in Vancouver, so you are considered domestic for your flight into DEN. Therefore, plenty of time!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
394 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connecting Time for Clearing Customs & Immigration

Thank you!

Cruzncouple: I did not know we clear customs in YVR before taking off for the US. Is this process unique for Canada? My experience with every international flight so far is that you go through customs and immigration in the first city in which you land of the final destination country.

For the outbound (i.e., US to YVR), is it safe to say we'll go through customs and immigration once we land in YVR, which is our final destination?

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Connecting Time for Clearing Customs & Immigration

It is a special arrangement with major Canadian airports. Forgot what it is called. Yes, we cleared Canadian Customs and Immigration in Vancouver when we flew in there.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,684 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Connecting Time for Clearing Customs & Immigration

Confirming, you will clear in Vancouver before you leave.

6. Re: Connecting Time for Clearing Customs & Immigration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2014, 05:17