We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of moving to Denver

providence, ri
2 posts
Save Topic
Thinking of moving to Denver

My girlfriend and I are thinking of moving to denver for continued college for her at johnson and wales. we would be looking for a one bedroom apartment in the denver area. i am a cook so would want to be close to some restaurants as well in order to get to and from work.

can anyone reccomend some good neighborhoods that would fit this description?

commuting isn't bad.

also if someone could reccomend some catering companies for me to look at as well i would appreciate it as i have experience in both restaurants and catering.

i appreciate the help.

Westminster...
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking of moving to Denver

A 1BR in North Arvada/South Westminster is about $500/month (or more, depending on the quality/amenities of the place). Avoid Boulder, it'll be way more for way worse. It'll be 30 minutes to commute to Denver plus traffic.

I can't remember who we used for our wedding but they were good. Here's two others my company uses:

Spice of Life is in Boulder

Front Range Catering Company

There are lots more around though.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
648 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thinking of moving to Denver

You will love Denver if you move here! Johnson&Wales is a great school too, I've known alot of people that have gone there and had a great experience!

There are tons of restaurants downtown, and there are alot of new apartment/lofts for rent downtown as well. It's a really fun place to live!

As far as catering companies:

Biscuts&Berries

Whirled Peas

The Food Guy

Catering by Design

Hearts Desire

A Spice of Life

(I'm getting married and had great experiences with all of these companies during my hunt for a caterer recently)

Hope this helps a bit!!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Thinking of moving to Denver

Consider the Golden Triangle Neighborhood in Denver. It is easy access to downtown and other areas of the city.