We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domestic to International Transfer- my luggage?

Humboldt...
Level Contributor
61 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Domestic to International Transfer- my luggage?

Hi! Me & my family are leaving in about a month to go to Cancun for my wedding. We are flying from SFO to Denver then have an hour & half layover in Denver before departing for Cancun (all flights are Airtran or Airtran operated by SW). I have read that in some cases passengers need to re-check their luggage in order for it to make it to their international destination- or is just returning not leaving? Anyone know anything about this?

I'm also assuming we will need to go through some sort of customs security check at Denver? It would be great to know if we do- I don't want to stock up on water & snacks for the flights in SFO only to have to throw them away at Denver if we need to go through security again. Muchos Gracias!!! =)

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Domestic to International Transfer- my luggage?

If all booked on one locator, your luggage will be checked thru from SFO to Cancun. You will go thru Customs and US Immigration on your return trip FROM Mexico. You will need your passport for check-inat SFO, and you might have to show it before boarding in DEN. It has been handled in different ways, and check-in for your second flight will sometimes depend on airline.

2. Re: Domestic to International Transfer- my luggage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 05:16