We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safety

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
safety

My husband and I are staying at a hotel, Courtyard Denver Downtown, on the pedestrian mall. Is this area safe at night for walking? Any restaurant suggestions for this area? Also, what would be the easiest way to get from this area to the baseball game?

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,104 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safety

It is very safe. The only trouble tends to happen at "let out" when the bars close for the night. The easiest way to the ballgame is to take the free 16 mall shuttle. The concierge at the hotel can tell you which stop to get off on.

You are in a great area to have fun.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
5,964 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: safety

Very safe, and tons of restaurants....what kind of food do you like?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
206 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: safety

You can take the free 16th Street Mall shuttle to Blake Street (only a few blocks anyway) and then walk to the stadium, or just walk the whole way. Buy your peanuts, soda, water, burritos, etc. from the street vendors.

From the Courtyard, it's a whole lot easier actually getting to Coors Field than it is READING about how to get to Coors Field.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
15 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: safety

Fairly safe - not very. There have been random attacks in the area which the former mayor and police chief tried to keep quiet,

Lots of street urchins, little gang bangers, and bums in the area.

denver, co
Level Contributor
374 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: safety

I have never had a problem in that area. There have been some issues -- but I think it is primarily late at night. The city does patrol pretty well. I would not worry -- would simply use normal caution for any city.

6. Re: safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 07:18