We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Convenient/reasonable gas station before returning rental

Auburn, NH
Level Contributor
27 posts
214 reviews
Save Topic
Convenient/reasonable gas station before returning rental

I'm used to renting cars in Orlando, where if you're not careful, you can be priced gouged by gas stations. Is this the case around the Denver airport? I will be driving down from Estes Park, to the Denver airport next week. Are there better gas stations to fill up at along that route?

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Estes Park
Estes Park
Colorado
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
7,032 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Convenient/reasonable gas station before returning rental

I used the 7-11 right off of Pena Blvd. and Tower Rd. when I got gas. Price seemed reasonable for the area. Address is 7080 Tower Rd. There's also King Sooper's gas stations nearby in case you have a loyalty card with Kroger and can use your points for discounted gas. I just typed this in the search bar for google "google maps gas stations denver Pena blvd" and got lots of info.

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Convenient/reasonable gas station before returning rental

The closest is on the same road as the rental companies. I don't know if their prices are higher or not. Gasbuddy or similar sites might be helpful, but it seems like a ten mile drive from the main highway to the airport. You can fill up on the main freeway and top off at the station next to the airport.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,517 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Convenient/reasonable gas station before returning rental

Don't stress yourself for a couple of bucks. Fill it up at the Conoco station on rental road. They're more but not by much.

Auburn, NH
Level Contributor
27 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Convenient/reasonable gas station before returning rental

Thanks all. Like I said, I'm used to Orlando, with the infamous station that charges several dollars more per gallon than the rest of the world, just because it's near the airport. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that gas stations around DEN are not that way. As we were not staying in Denver, I'm not sure how the Pena Boulevard stations compared to the rest of the city, but they were significantly cheaper than stations at home in NH, and were in line with gas stations in Colorado Springs and Estes Park.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs
El Paso County, CO
Estes Park
Estes Park
Colorado
5. Re: Convenient/reasonable gas station before returning rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 05:16