We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is a nice hotel/area in downtown Denver?

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Where is a nice hotel/area in downtown Denver?

I will be coming to Denver in a couple of weeks and I'm looking for a nice hotel in a good area of downtown Denver. I have never been before so I would like some insight before I make any reservations. I am trying to keep the hotel within a resonable driving distance to the international airport and the botanical gardens (so nothing too far from either location). I have seen good deals directly downtown and in the Tech Center. Any suggestions are appreciated. I am mainly concerned about finding a safe location with a clean hotel in the $100-$150/night range.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,352 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is a nice hotel/area in downtown Denver?

In that price range look at denver.org for hotel specials. Most all the ones listed as downtown are great.

The Sheraton, Homewood Suites, Comfort Inn Downtown , Hotel Monaco, the Magnolia, The Curtis all usually have moderate prices, with the Monaco and the Magnolia being my preferences,

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
16,928 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is a nice hotel/area in downtown Denver?

Good advice so far. Downtown is fantastic with preference towards the western side in what is called LoDo. All the hotels Alli mentioned are good. We like Curtis, Oxford, Teatro, Monaco. Hitting $100-150 will limit you but you should hit that at places like Comfort, etc. If you could get into Curtis for the price, grab it. Having a car downtown is a bit expensive. Check the parking rate at your hotel. You can likely find an overnight lot for $15-25, so if hotel is charging $30-40/night, look around. The lots are all listed on Google Maps.

Downtown is infinitely more interesting than Tech Center. All downtown hotels are about the same distance from airport, figure 30-45 minutes. Denver Botanical Gardens are just east of downtown. Frankly, you could take a taxi to downtown and then use bus to reach the Gardens.

Have fun.

3. Re: Where is a nice hotel/area in downtown Denver?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 06:20