We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Meadows Mall Hotels

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
170 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Park Meadows Mall Hotels

Hello, I am planning to make a trip by Amtrak & stay near Park Meadows mall to shop. Would like recommendations for hotels. Would it be better to take a shuttle than to walk to the mall? This will probably be mid-November, not sure what weather will be like (I live in Grand Junction). Saw a post that said the area is "not pedestrian friendly"? Thank you!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,348 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Meadows Mall Hotels

How are you getting to the Hotel?

From the Marriott

Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows

10345 Park Meadows Drive

Littleton, Colorado 80124

Phone: 1-303-925-0004

http://www.marriott.com/denms

Park Meadows Mall, A Premier Shopping Venue

The Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows

is located less than 3 miles from Park

Meadows Mall and features spacious

accommodations with plush bedding and

digital flat-panel TVs. Guests at the hotel can

also take advantage of a beautiful indoor pool

and on-site dining at the delicious Sonoma’z

Grill. As an additional convenience,

complimentary shuttle service is available to

and from the Park Meadows Mall. Contact a

member of our friendly hotel staff for

additional shuttle information.

more info here

www.parkmeadows.com/visit/accommodations

Edited: 21 October 2013, 21:43
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,679 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park Meadows Mall Hotels

Search for hotels in Lone Tree, CO. I prefer the Hyatt Place which might be your best bet since it's a block and a half walk to get to the mall. Other hotels include the Element, Residence Inn and Courtyard, all of which I believe have a free on-call shuttle service to take guests to and from the mall.

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
170 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park Meadows Mall Hotels

Will have to take a taxi from Amtrak station to hotel. I don't need to rent a car, because Park Meadows mall is my only destination. Yes, I have checked out Hyatt Place. What about the comment that the area is not "pedestrian friendly"? Thank you.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,348 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park Meadows Mall Hotels

I think that it is more suburban with big busy roads, not very walkable, rather than any safety issues if that is what you are thinking. If you'd like to be able to walk to dinner and visit some other boutique style shops I'd consider Cherry Creek.

…hilton.com/en/…index.html might offer a shuttle, might.

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
170 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park Meadows Mall Hotels

Oh, I love Cherry Creek, have only been there once. But I'm sure any hotels near that mall would be very expensive.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,348 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Park Meadows Mall Hotels

I don't think they'd be that much different than Park Meadows, They are not in Cherry Creek proper which is $$$ but close enough for a shuttle or taxi.

Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek in addition to the

Hilton Garden Inn - Denver Cherry Creek

Edited: 21 October 2013, 23:00
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,638 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Park Meadows Mall Hotels

It is not pedestrian friendly because the route you would take from the Hyatt to the mall does not always have sidewalks or pedestrian paths. It would be like walking across parking lots part of the way. Sort of like walking from the Regal to Famous Dave's here in Grand Jct. - you'd end up walking across the parking lots of several places. If the drivers aren't looking out for you it could mean you would be hit by a car. I would check with whichever hotel you decide on prior to booking to see if they have a shuttle that will take you to the mall and/or IKEA. It makes it so simple just to be dropped off at the door and picked up there later, especially if your arms are full of packages. I really like the Park Meadows Mall, lots of stores we don't have here and IKEA is well worth a visit. Plus there are plenty of great restaurants in the area.

Edited: 21 October 2013, 23:30
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,679 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Park Meadows Mall Hotels

I personally have stayed at the Hyatt place several times and walked to the mall. While I understand the comment that the area (in general) may not seem pedestrian friendly, there is a sidewalk for the entire block and a half between the hotel and the mall entrance and crosswalks across both streets (a 4-way and a traffic light if I remember correctly). Take a look on Google.maps to see the route or plot walking directions (i.e. walk out the door and go straight). As far as walking in a mall parking lot, I'm not sure why it would be any more dangerous than when you park your car at the mall and walk from your vehicle to the entrance. Shuttle is still nice when you have a bunch of shopping bags.

9. Re: Park Meadows Mall Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Denver