We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best burger in metro Denver?

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
667 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Best burger in metro Denver?

Am returning to visit Denver after 20-year hiatus. Recommendations on where to eat the best burger in town? Will have my 12-year old son with me so no fancy schmancy white tablecloth place or bar, thank you.

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
621 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best burger in metro Denver?

My favorite spot is The Handle Bar&Grill. The restaurant has a really cool bicylce theme and the best burger and fries I've ever had! It's located right on the corner of Alameda and Downing.

Also, the Cherry Cricket in Cherry Creek is really good, I'd go for lunch as they usually are 21+ in the evening.

The City Grille on Colfax always gets rated as having great burgers in local Denver magazines and newspapers as well, but I don't think it's all that great, but alot of other people do!

Hope this helps and have a great trip!

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best burger in metro Denver?

My favorite burger in town can be found at My Brother's Bar (15th and Platte) - it's the JCC (Cream Cheese Jalapeno Burger). There's an outdoor patio in the back, through the bar to the right, so your boy doesn't have to hang with the usual suspects at the bar! LOL No white table clothes here, I assure you, just outstanding bar food and burgers. It's apparently an old hangout of the likes of Jack Keroac back in the day, so there is some redeeming historic value. After lunch, you can visit the REI flagship store right next door and try out their rock climbing wall. There's also a nice path along the Platte River down to Confluence Park, a nice urban scenic spot. Your kid will be impressed!

Colorado Western...
Destination Expert
for Ouray, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Montrose
Level Contributor
638 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best burger in metro Denver?

That's great, Shaken_bake! I was just going to ask if My Brother's Bar was still around (or try to look it up on the web) before I scrolled down to see your answer.

Here's another vote for the burgers at My Brother's Bar! Plus, I always liked the classical music they played there -- nice background to the very casual, comfortable atmosphere.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best burger in metro Denver?

My favorite burgers were at 1)Crown Burger Plus( on south Downing)-yummy onion rings. Also2) Mustard's Last Stand( south University Blvd)- great fries as well!. Both low key but great burgers!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
463 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best burger in metro Denver?

How about Reivers on old South Gaylord? It was voted Best of Denver burger at one time.

Denver
Level Contributor
422 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best burger in metro Denver?

I'm not a big burger eater, but I definitely second My Brother's Bar.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
60 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best burger in metro Denver?

Sharks Bar & Grill

West Colfax and Simms, $2 burgers & fries on weekends. Not the small ones but 1/3 pound restaurant quality burgers. There is an area in the back that is always away from the crowd. Service is prompt and the food is made fresh.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best burger in metro Denver?

I am almost too selfish to reveal how great this place is, because if people find out about it, it'll get busier!

The Cherry Cricket in Cherry Creek North, by Denver.

The *best* burger I've ever had, hands down. I take all out of town guests there, and they have all agreed so far.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
667 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best burger in metro Denver?

Thanks to all of you for your feedback. Oddly enough, just by chance, I've gone without beef for the last couple of weeks. I'll be ready to sink my teeth into red meat upon my arrival!!

10. Re: Best burger in metro Denver?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 00:16