We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is ok to fly into Denver around the second week of December?

Atlanta
2 posts
Save Topic
Is ok to fly into Denver around the second week of December?

Flying into Denver Dec 12 and leaving Dec 13 going to los cabos. I can spend an extra 400 and fly into lax instead of Denver. What would you do? Also the flight is from atl to Denver on frontier or atl to lax on American

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,166 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is ok to fly into Denver around the second week of December?

People fly into Denver all the time. Impossible to know what the weather will be like. I have reservations to fly in on December 14. Hopefully major snowstorms will be later. I know this doesn't help you decide, LAX can have delays too.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,214 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is ok to fly into Denver around the second week of December?

CasaAzul ~ awesome buck photo.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,606 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is ok to fly into Denver around the second week of December?

What would I do?

I would not pay an additional $400 to fly to LAX. As Casa said, there's no way to predict what the weather will be like mid-December. I've flown in and out of DIA in December more times that I can remember with no problems. DIA does not close down very often due to the weather.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
5,939 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is ok to fly into Denver around the second week of December?

Frontier Airlines is a respectable airline, if that eases your worries. I've flown with them several times and enjoyed my flight (as much as you can enjoy a flight)....Note that they don't provide food, but you can buy some pretty good quality stuff (including a focus on Colorado-based companies).

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,220 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is ok to fly into Denver around the second week of December?

I'm thinking there must be a better way to get to Los Cabos from Atlanta. But I would for sure not have any worries about Denver. I work in the ski business. I fly through DEN frequently. Can't remember a single time I've had an appreciable delay. Well designed airport and you'll have less issues there than many other airports.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,312 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is ok to fly into Denver around the second week of December?

I like Frontier, too, and certainly wouldn't pay an extra $400 to fly to LA.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,166 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is ok to fly into Denver around the second week of December?

endosunshine - thanks on the photo. My husband took it last summer in Yosemite, Tuolumne Meadow.

8. Re: Is ok to fly into Denver around the second week of December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 06:19