We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time to CO: Planning Possible Move-What to See?

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
First Time to CO: Planning Possible Move-What to See?

My husband and I will be traveling to Denver and the surrounding area this March so that I may attend 2 teacher job fairs and explore the area. We are a couple in our late 20s/early30s and enjoy being active as well as cultural activities and of course eating out! One job fair is north of Denver near Boulder and the other job fair is in Henderson. Any suggestions of where to go/what to see would be appreciated...we will have a little over 10 days to explore and get a feel for the area...Thanks in advance!

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,027 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time to CO: Planning Possible Move-What to See?

,Hi, sassy0767 and welcome to the Colorado forums.

If you haven't already discovered www.denver.org , it is a really good place to look for things to do, day trips, events, and itineraries as well as lodging, dining and activity coupons.

You will very likely want to spend a day (or an overnight would be nice if your schedule permits) driving to Estes Park for a visit to Rocky Mountain National Park. You'd probably also like to visit some of the area parks and state parks...i.e. Golden Gate Canyon State Park. Try snow shoeing or cross country skiing.

…state.co.us/Parks/GoldenGateCanyon/ParkActi…

…state.co.us/ParksSearch/…ParksSearch.aspx

There's a big REI flagship store in Denver...one of the symbols of Denver's love of all things outdoors! Take a crack at their indoor climbing wall. On the other end of the activity spectrum might be a visit to one of the Tattered Cover Bookstores, heaven for anyone who reads and also a Denver icon. There are museums, (a visit to the Molly Brown House gives you a glimpse of one of Denver's Victorian homes and a chance to learn about a famous Denver resident) entertainment venues, restaurants, bars, and brewpubs galore.

http://www.mollybrown.org/

You might want to experiment with the search feature located just above your post and on the Boulder forum. Enter "things to do," "restaurants," or "where to eat," "brewpubs" or whatever topic you'd like. You'll come up with a list of similar questions which you can sort by relevance or date.

You might take a look at Denver Story Trek for some suggested historic sites to visit.

http://www.denverstorytrek.org/

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
5,902 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time to CO: Planning Possible Move-What to See?

North of Denver near Boulder - see if you like downtown Louisville, it's a really cute place.

Boulder - I love the Kitchen restaurant trilogy ("just" Kitchen, Kitechn Upstairs, and Kitchen Downstairs), also Tangerine for an awesome brunch, Oak at 14th for great food, Centro, the Cup for coffee...

Denver - I'd visit South Pearl St for dinner one day. Larimer Square also has great restaurants (my favorite is Tag). Highlands neighborhood - 32nd avenue has a good stretch of restaurants, also like places like Pinche Tacos, Root Down, Linger....Denver Art Museums is worth a visit too, I think.

Would you be interested in trying skiing or snowboarding? March is a great time to head to the mountains for winter sports - my favorite resort is Vail (you can take a skiing lesson, go shopping, eat in GREAT restaurants, and rent snowhoes and explore the nearby national forests).

Breweries! You have to try at least one! In Boulder, I love Avery and MOuntain Sun (there is also the Southern Sun, and Under the Sun in Boulder, and a sister pub Vine Street Pub in Denver).

enjoy your stay! Denver/BOulder is an awesome place to be!

Golden, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time to CO: Planning Possible Move-What to See?

for relocating, check out this site http://www.bestplaces.net/

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,486 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time to CO: Planning Possible Move-What to See?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33388-i253-k71995…

might give you some ideas. I love Vine Street Pub, very local! The area is pretty cool too.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time to CO: Planning Possible Move-What to See?

Thank you everyone for all of your input! We will take a look at all of your suggestions as we start to plan out the details of our trip now.

6. Re: First Time to CO: Planning Possible Move-What to See?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 06:19