We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend itinerary for 3 days?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Recommend itinerary for 3 days?

Hi. We are a couple in our late 20's coming to Denver. I wanted to know what we SHOULD NOT miss while we are there. We love sports bars, etc. and are very laid back. We come in Friday morning and leave on a Monday. We definitely are going to Six Flags on Saturday and may try to go to a Broncos pre-season game on Sunday.

Your help is appreciated!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend itinerary for 3 days?

Hi Utter

You won't have much time left, but you might either visit RMNP nw of Denver, or Colorado Springs and visit Garden of the Gods and Pike's Peak.

I'm sure local experts will add more places.

Tet{:o)-

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend itinerary for 3 days?

Definately do not miss downtown Denver( 16th St. Mall and Larimer Square/ LoDo). If you are staying there, then a lot of things will be within walking distance.

Since you arrive Friday morning and are spending Sat/Sun in Denver, consider taking the bus to Boulder. It's a great town and you can visit Pearl St. Mall ( Go to www.bouldercoloradousa.com). You can grab the bus to Boulder at the Market St. Station downtown.

If you'd rather stay in Denver, you can also go to North Cherry Creek- www.cherrycreeknorth.com and then spend the evening downtown.

Fun places to eat include:

The Wynkoop- www.wynkoop.com- downtown

Wazee Supper Club- www.wazeesupperclub.com- downtown

Rock Bottom Brewery - downtown Denver( 16th St. Mall)

The Chop House- www.chophouse.com- downtown

Chopper's- www.chopperssportsgrill.com- Cherry Creek- a couple of blocks east from the Cherry Creek Mall( on Madison)

Cherry Cricket- Cherry Creek- www.cherrycricket.com

Brix- Cherry Creek

Have a great time!!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommend itinerary for 3 days?

After visiting Denver for over 15yrs we finally got to Red Rocks Ampitheater and it was AWESOME!!! There was no concert or anything we just did the tour thru the place and if you love music there are some great things to be seen. We took some pictures of the area and they are some of our favorite from that trip. Price is free so that is always great and I hear they do a wonderful Sunday Brunch. But I would DEFINITELY go to a Bronco's game over this that's for certain, but if you have time before the game (don't know if it's an afternoon or evening start) you should have time to do both. Have fun! http://www.redrocksonline.com/index.asp

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
667 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommend itinerary for 3 days?

Thirty years ago I saw Neil Diamond at Red Rocks when he was in his prime and at the top of the rock world. RR is simply the best concert venue I've ever experienced and everyone has good to say about the place.

Caveat emptor on Six Flags - I visited last week and thought it was small and didn't offer very good value for what you pay. Add on the $15 parking (yes!!) and the pricey concessions and it makes for an expensive time. If you have a car and like waterparks, go to Water World. Much better value and you won't want to leave!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommend itinerary for 3 days?

Thank you all so much! Do I need to rent a car to get to Colorado Springs/Pikes peak?

Genesee, CO
Level Contributor
646 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommend itinerary for 3 days?

yes, you will need to rent a car for colorado springs, or for red rocks. look for a good weekend rate. if you take off the cost of getting to downtown from the airport by other transportation, they aren't that unreasonable (although then you also have to add on any parking fees downtown.)

But I would say it is worth it to rent a car, even though you don't need it downtown. It is well worth it to get up a little ways into the mountains.

I would recommend morrison/red rocks (and maybe add on back road to Evergreen for lunch), colorado springs, Drive up to Idaho Springs/Georgetown along I-70. Any of those would make a good 1/2-3/4 day trip for Friday when you get in.

7. Re: Recommend itinerary for 3 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 10:28