We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying into Denver, landing 10:30 am Saturday....

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
310 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Flying into Denver, landing 10:30 am Saturday....

I heard there is another storm coming through on Thursday and Friday, what are the chances of my flight being canceled on Saturday morning???????

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying into Denver, landing 10:30 am Saturday....

Your question might be better put to a bookie in Las Vegas :) The weathercasters in Denver don't know whether the storm will hit the area or not yet. If the storm splits in two, it will have little impact, if it doesn't, then there is potential for more than a foot of snow on Thursday and Friday. The storm will be gone by Saturday according to predictions, which means that the airport will probably be open but flights may be delayed. In the 35 years I lived in Colorado, I'd put the weather prediction accuracy as pretty low, but just in case, I'd buy a nice thick book to read.

Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying into Denver, landing 10:30 am Saturday....

That's a question that's better suited for the airline and the devine powers that be. There are worse things than having your flight cancelled. Be a sport and roll with it.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
661 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying into Denver, landing 10:30 am Saturday....

Just watched the weather and the storm is now predicted to possibly stay in the Metro area through Saturday afternoon. DIA is very good about clearing the runways,they've only closed 2 times since they have been open with last week being the second time.

The heaviest snow is going to be Thurs-Fri,which gives crews alot of time to clear the runways by Sat. morning assuming the snow fall rate isn't too fast. I've flown into DIA on numerous times during snow storms and it's been ok. But like the previous posters have said, it's up in the air as to whether or not you'll get out. I wish i could predict the future for you! Good luck with your travels!

Level Contributor
534 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying into Denver, landing 10:30 am Saturday....

Many of the airlines are allowing people to leave on both earlier and later flights for no rescheduling fee. It may be a bit late for that though, as the storm has already started. I would just keep an eye on the weather, and possibly try to reschedule for Monday or Tuesday if things start looking really bad. DIA does a great job of keeping things running when possible, but if your flight gets canceled, it is for good reason.

Lone Tree, Colorado
Level Contributor
584 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying into Denver, landing 10:30 am Saturday....

Looks like you will be O.K.

6. Re: Flying into Denver, landing 10:30 am Saturday....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 18:19
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question