We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

durango mountain resort

arkansas
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Topic
durango mountain resort

We (me, wife, two girls 6 & 3) are considering DMR. We are looking for a place with a pool and activities for the girls. I am looking at mountain biking and climbing around Durango. We are looking for a condo setting.

Is DMR the right place for us?

Thanks,

Hot Springs

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,357 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: durango mountain resort

When are you visiting and for how long?

The Durango Mtn Resort is about 1/2 hour from the town of Durango so if this is ok, I would stay there. Beautiful location.

We usually stay in Durango so can't help much more. We stay at Doubletree, but the Residence Inn is also nice.

I would plan a day to Mesa Verde Nat Park. Very interesting place and one of my favorite National Parks in the country!

Enjoy your trip.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
648 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: durango mountain resort

I love DMR! It is about 20-30 minutes from Durango, so it is a but more secluded than staying right in town, but that is what I like about it. Durango can get really busy in the summer, so I enjoy staying at DMR to find a bit more peace. DMR has a pool, a miniature golf course, alpine slide, horseback riding etc., lots of things to do for kids! Plus, since Durango is so close, you can drive into town to shop or eat dinner. Your kids would love the train ride to Silverton as well!

And there is certainly more than enough places to mountain bike and hike. Durango has lots of trails and there are mountain bike trails on the resort's mountain, which would be very convenient.

The units we have stayed in at DMR have all be very nice, with full kitchens, comfy beds and balconies with beautiful views. Have a great stay!

3. Re: durango mountain resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 05:33
Get answers to your questions about Durango
Recent Conversations