We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving at night

Which Durango hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
312 reviews
Save Topic
Driving at night

Planning to drive from monument valley to Durango next week. Leave mv about 5pm so that will mean some of the drive will be in the dark. Any problems or things to be careful of at night. I have done lots of driving at night on rural roads in UK but not in USA.

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving at night

Keep an eye out for wildlife, deer and elk like to eat around dusk.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,793 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving at night

Dogs, wild and domestic can be on the highway as well. Also keep an eye out for pedestrians along the sides of the road and drivers that don't use turn signals or even lights!

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving at night

Did the drive ... amazing sunset. Kept below the posted speed limit when I was alone as I was worried about large animals appearing in the road, but I found I could often follow another vehicle which made it much easier.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,026 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving at night

Glad to hear your drive went well!

5. Re: Driving at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2012, 10:23