We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rafing in late July or August

Which Durango hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Rafing in late July or August

I am looking to go with a group rafting in late July or August

In the past I only went in late June or early July when the water levels were quite high

Iwill be in Denver for the summer but I will be going to be in Moab and the Yellowstone area....

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,703 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rafing in late July or August

Weeeellll, no snow = crappy rafting season. So who can say what it will be like then. Right now... do a snow dance, and check back in around April.

I assume you want wild and fun based on your avatar - so consider Gore Canyon (Near Kremmling,) Numbers (Buena Vista,) Westwater (near Moab in UT,) Cache la Poudre River near Fort Collins area, Royal Gorge (Canyon City area) - those are some closeby areas professional outfitters run.

Place to keep an eye on water levels... www.EddyFlower.com

Colorado outfitters website... www.CROA.org

Utah
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rafing in late July or August

How cold is the water in July?

3. Re: Rafing in late July or August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2013, 10:16