We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATV Trails in/near Durango?

Colorado
Level Contributor
226 posts
1 review
Save Topic
ATV Trails in/near Durango?

My husband and I and two kids (ages 5 & 10) are planning a trip to Durango in late July and wondered if anybody could tell me if there are any ATV trails we could bring our 4-wheelers to ride on and enjoy some of this part of the state? Thank you!

Ohio
Level Contributor
736 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATV Trails in/near Durango?

I'm not certain about the Durango area but in Silverton (hr away) and Ouray (1.5 hrs away) you'll find miles and miles of ATV and Jeep trails. We were in Ouray last summer, rented a Jeep and drove the trails. Some will take you past abandoned mines. Another will take you to Animas Forks, a ghost town, which my kids enjoyed. Best vacation to CO ever.

Local Jeep/ATV rental outfitters can direct you to the trails appropriate to the riding abilities of your children. Btw, Ouray is called the "Jeep Capital of the World", and for good reason.

Here's a link to one of the many you'll find on this subject. Have a great time!

www.atvtrails.org/atvcoloradosilverton.html

Colorado
Level Contributor
226 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: ATV Trails in/near Durango?

Thank you so much for that info!!!! I have heard Ouray is beautiful. May have to check that out!

3. Re: ATV Trails in/near Durango?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2013, 10:29