We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rapp corl ride in june

nj
Level Contributor
142 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
rapp corl ride in june

thinking of horseback riding and noticed it is 20 miles north of durango.. thinking of doing the two hour cave trip ride.what time do they start riding???and what time should i leave durango to get there in time??since i never have horse riding scan i do this or should i stick to 1 hour rides??i am very athletic but in our 50s

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,451 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rapp corl ride in june

Have you noticed all the great reviews for this ride? Most of them are beginners of all ages, just like you. You're gonna love it!

The best thing to do to find out what time the rides are and what time you need to be there would be to call or email the corral to make your reservation. Tell them where you're staying and I bet they'll be able to give you a good idea when you need to depart in order to get to the corral in plenty of time before you actually start the ride. They'll want you there in time to pay, read and sign your releases, get some pre-ride instruction, get matched with your horse, adjust stirrups, etc. But just to give you an idea, it will probably take you approximately 25 to 30 minutes to get to the corral from town, depending on where you depart from.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,451 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rapp corl ride in june

By the way, are you planning to ride the train, as well? Rapp offers this ride as an add-on to the train ride. You ride the train to Silverton, then a van takes you to the corral. durangotrain.com/packages/adventure-packages…

nj
Level Contributor
142 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rapp corl ride in june

thankyou for info not sure if riding train yet as we want to do rafting also

4. Re: rapp corl ride in june

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 06:17