We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

timed needed to explore Durango and Ouray

Tabernacle, NJ
3 posts
Save Topic
timed needed to explore Durango and Ouray

We will be attending the Telluride Film Festival in September and want to explore the surrounding area as well. We'll have about 5 days to do the Durango, Silverton, Ouray area. Is that doable? Any advice on how to break up that stay? Appreciate any advice

Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: timed needed to explore Durango and Ouray

I think you will find 5 days enough to do the 3 towns. In Durango, we always enjoyed strolling the downtown area and usually spend a day doing that. To drive from Durango to Silverton and spend some time sight seeing, then on to Ouray, 1 day. Once in Ouray you have the Hot Springs and strolling around town. There are several short hikes including Box Canyon Falls. I highly recommend a 4x4 tour. We always go with Switzerland of America. They are great and their modified vehicles are completely open so you can get the full picture. Yankee Boy Basin is very pretty and Engineer Pass is fun too. I think you will also find yourself spending some time just sitting and taking in the scenery.

2. Re: timed needed to explore Durango and Ouray

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 18:18
Get answers to your questions about Durango
Recent Conversations