We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about train

Which Durango hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Overland Park...
Level Contributor
70 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Question about train

Can we take the train one day, and make the return trip back to Durango by shuttle the next day? I can't find the information on their website. I wanted to ride the train out one day, rent a jeep in Silverton, and ride the shuttle back to Durango after returning the jeep afternoon. Thanks.

1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about train

I don't think there is a shuttle that runs from Silverton to Durango. Try calling the train station.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,916 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about train

You certainly can take the train up and bus back!!! Just call and schedule...very helpful ladies answer the phone

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
70 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about train

Thank you, felschurch!

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,916 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about train

Check out Avalanche for breakfast..saw all sorts of local guides there. Handlebars for lunch dinner..nice tourist trap..but interesting stuffed animals

We went on jeep tour with this company but you can rent jeep..good folks

sanjuanbackcountry.com/silverton-jeep-rental…

Edited: 04 April 2013, 21:20
5. Re: Question about train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 06:15