We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Place Tech Center, rail system good to get downtown?

Howell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt Place Tech Center, rail system good to get downtown?

We are flying into Denver Fri July 19 and staying one night, then heading to Breck the rest of the week. We are staying at Hyatt Place by Tech Center. It says we are only 3 blocks from rail stop that heads into downtown. Would that be the best method to use vs. rental car and parking downtown? Also, which day pass would be best? Express, local or regional? Can't see on their website if kids are free, or discounted. We will have 3 and 7 year old. Any suggestions on the rail/bus system from where we are staying would be great. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Denver
Denver
Colorado
3 replies to this topic
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
7,032 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Place Tech Center, rail system good to get downtown?

You can take the F line light rail from the Belleview light rail station that is just west of the interstate and about 1 mile from the Hyatt. It's a super fast way to get downtown. For ex. on the website - if I caught the 2:29pm train I'd be downtown by 2:58pm. So much faster than driving and without the headaches of finding parking and trying to guess where I'm at.

I think you will need to call to get the info you want on fares. Here's the number - 303-299-2132 ( Pass and fare products).

Hope you have a great trip and take away wonderful memories. I grew up in Englewood and worked for a time in downtown Denver before light rail. I sure would have used it, driving and finding parking was a hassle.

Mentioned in this post
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Howell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Place Tech Center, rail system good to get downtown?

Hi there-

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like a good option for us to get downtown and quickly too. Plus, the kids will think its awesome to ride a train! think I might contact the hotel to see what the best method would be. We are renting a car, but like you said, the time and parking headaches are enough to just take the rail system.

Since you grew up in the area, any restaurants right by our hotel we should make a point in checking out? We will have about a day and half in that area before heading to Breck the rest of the week.

Thanks, you are so helpful!

Kristi

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
7,032 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Place Tech Center, rail system good to get downtown?

I've eaten recently in the area at Bono's Pit BBQ but suggest it only if you get the smoked meats. I'm a big fan of pulled pork and they did a good job. Other meat/fish not so good. Qdobas at 4955 S Ulster St is also good, lots of healthier Mexican food choices. We eat at their chain in a lot of different towns. We ate at Yanni's (Greek) and had a bad experience. Server nearly set my hair on fire. Hope you find some places that meet your families needs. Restaurants in the area tend to be either fast food chains or pricey.

Reply to: Hyatt Place Tech Center, rail system good to get downtown?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Englewood