We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten free pizza place or other gluten free options?

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,948 posts
169 reviews
Save Topic
Gluten free pizza place or other gluten free options?

We'll be visiting Thanksgiving weekend and I'd like a couple of gluten free restaurant or take out options. Also, is there a place with gluten free baked goods?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,854 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten free pizza place or other gluten free options?

Since Fort Collins is a college town, I bet there will be a few options. Both BeauJo's (dine in or take out) and Nick N Willies (take and bake) have gluten free pizzas. I love their regular pizza have never had their gluten free!

Also Whole Foods has great pizza too.

www.northerncoloradoceliacs.org/gfmenus.htm

urbanspoon.com/t/145/1/Fort-Collins/Gluten-F…

Iowa
Level Contributor
300 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten free pizza place or other gluten free options?

We've eaten at the Beau Jo's in Rapid City and at one in Denver because my wife has to eat gluten-free. She says that of all the gluten-free pizzas she has eaten, Beau Jo's is the best. They have gluten-free breadsticks too, which she says is not a common restaurant item. Their regular pizza is very good too.

-Mr. Kooz

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,948 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gluten free pizza place or other gluten free options?

Thanks, guys! BGF(before gluten free) I had eaten at BeauJo's in Idaho Springs and enjoyed it, so am looking forward to trying their gluten free pizza. I'll have to look up Nick & Willie's too, and see if it is near where we are visiting. And thanks for the links. Very helpful in case we want to go somewhere else.

Mentioned in this post
Colorado
Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gluten free pizza place or other gluten free options?

There is an excellent burger place that offers gluten free near the intersection of College and Drake (it's in front of Kmart in a building close to College, just being the JiffyLube-type place) --- Lark Burger. We go there at least once a week (went there tonight, actually!). I love there truffle fries and truffle burger. The "little lark" burgers are big enough to fill me up. They are smaller around, but not thinner -- still a thick patty. They only have a few things on the menu, but they are really delicious.

www.larkburger.com

Edited: 03 November 2011, 03:54
Mentioned in this post
Drake
Drake
Colorado
Colorado
Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gluten free pizza place or other gluten free options?

*behind the JiffyLube

Fort Collins...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Gluten free pizza place or other gluten free options?

Mugs coffee shop on Laurel just off College has some GF baked goods and sandwiches.

And on Thursday's the Buttercream Cupcakery has GF cupcakes. There's one in old town and one on South College near Chick Fil'a and Albertson's.

As far as food goes, you certainly can't go wrong with Beau Jo's pizza. They have GF beer too. And then there's the usual chains like Chili's and Red Robin and Olive Garden that have some GF menu options.

Oh, and Indian food! The Taj Mahal and Star of India have lots of really great GF things and if you like Indian buffet, both are great but the latter has more selection. Several of the Thai restaurants also have GF things... Sri Thai does for sure, off the top of my head and I think Bann Thai does too.

Hope your trip is great!

Mentioned in this post
Buttercream Cupcakery
Buttercream Cupcakery
16 Reviews
Fort Collins, CO
Chick-fil-A
Chick-fil-A
10 Reviews
Fort Collins, CO
Olive Garden
Olive Garden
107 Reviews
Fort Collins, CO
Sri Thai
Sri Thai
65 Reviews
Fort Collins, CO
WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,948 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gluten free pizza place or other gluten free options?

Thanks, everyone! We probably won't eat out a lot but if we do this gives us some good options.

8. Re: Gluten free pizza place or other gluten free options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2012, 10:26