We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pinnacle Lodge

Jupiter, FL
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Pinnacle Lodge

Driving from Estes Park to Grand Lake area next week. Considering Fraser for one-night stay (only bc we heard that Grand Lake has been destroyed by pine beetles and that Grand Lake Ldoge would not be what we were hoping for bc of that).

Any input on Pinnacle or another place in the vicinity to stay would be much appreciated. Looking for beautiful scenery, clean, updated accommodations and proximity to activities such as alpine slides, hot air balloon or horseback.

Thanks!

Nancy

6 replies to this topic
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,103 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pinnacle Lodge

Just so you know Pine Beetle kill is in Fraser too...As far as an area being "destoyed" I think that is a huge overstatement,

Jupiter, FL
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pinnacle Lodge

Thanks. That's good to know. I suppose the person who told me was comparing what she used to see to what she just saw 2 wks. ago. For someone like me that's never been there, maybe I wouldn't even notice the difference anyway and should just go back to my idea of booking at Grand Lake Lodge. Thanks again.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,103 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pinnacle Lodge

If you can still get a reservation at the Grand Lake Lodge I would.

Have fun and report back!

Overland Park
Level Contributor
170 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pinnacle Lodge

We just got back from a 1 week stay in Grand Lake and thought the area was stunning! Yes, there was damage from the pine beetles- but Grand Lake and all the surrounding towns were still gorgeous. We drove up to see Grand Lake Lodge and it looked really neat- with jaw dropping views. Spent part of a day over in Winter Park riding their alpine slide and taking in a little bit of shopping, and having a picnic lunch.

Overland Park
Level Contributor
170 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pinnacle Lodge

Forgot to mention, we took the 2 hour breakfast horseback trailride with Sombrero Ranch. Excellent as usual, had ridden before with them at the Estes Park location. Even got to see a moose in RMNP, during the ride!

Jupiter, FL
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pinnacle Lodge

Awesome! I'll check back in to Grand Lake Lodge! Glad to hear you did the alpine slide in Winter Park. We're considering that too. And thanks for the info about Sombrero Ranch. My daughter is a rider and she and my husband may do that. Thanks so much!

Reply to: Pinnacle Lodge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted